Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Flag Guy vs. Popcorn Guy

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,527 Founders Club

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,488 Standard Supporter
    Give Flag Man this, he's still ambulatory.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    Tough one but popcorn guy is an all time great
    Though flag guys is everything I love about the cougs as well

Abundance?
    Flag guy looks like Double R from old bj shea fame. Must be out there supporting his boy chad eaton

Damn times are tough
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Somebody honor these legendary Cuogs with lifetime season tickets.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I think he's Captain Husky's mildly retarded little brother.

oblig
  • gabemarkskneegabemarksknee Member Posts: 336

phineas said:

Flag guy looks like Double R from old bj shea fame. Must be out there supporting his boy chad eaton

Damn times are tough

CSB: There was a charity basketball game at one of the high schools in Bellingham several years ago. I think Squalicum had just won a state championship or something, and they were going to play a team of celebrities, including several Seahawks and radio personalities and whatnot. It was Nate Burleson's charity. After the game there would be an autograph signing, but WGAF about that. I went because I'm a sucker for freak athletes, and there was the promise of watching some NFL wide receivers windmill dunk on some skinny high school kids. Here's some rando's Flickr gallery of the night.

Double R was emceeing the thing, and the game had a bit of a Harlem Globetrotters feel. Anyway, I'm watching pregame warmup, and there's Burleson's team, and it's himself, and Lofa Tatupu, and Marcus Trufant, and other guys like that, and I'm thinking, "This is going to be awesome. These dudes are gonna fuck up these kids."

The only guy on the celebrity team who looked a bit out of sorts was dumpy-ass Double R, who would drop the mic from time to time and come in and play. Now there's the opportunity for even more entertainment: I can watch the pro athletes shred the little kids AND I can watch the little kids shred the chubby guy!

Noooooooope. Were it not for Double R, the celebrity team would have been run right out of there. There were some highlight dunks and whatnot, and guys like Tatupu bullied their way on the glass, but what kept the celeb team in the game was pulling Double R off the bench and kicking it to him outside the 3-point line. I shit you not when I say that guy went something like 30/30 from the 3-point line that night when you include warmups. I think he hit 10 in a row in warmups, and I'm not sure if he missed a single one during the game.

With all of the freak athletes in attendance, I left most in awe of a fucking radio producer's deep ball prowess. That guy could win an NBA 3-point competition, and it wouldn't be close.

/respek.
    WTFIDR?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam

phineas said:

Damn times are tough

CSB: There was a charity basketball game at one of the high schools in Bellingham several years ago. I think Squalicum had just won a state championship or something, and they were going to play a team of celebrities, including several Seahawks and radio personalities and whatnot. It was Nate Burleson's charity. After the game there would be an autograph signing, but WGAF about that. I went because I'm a sucker for freak athletes, and there was the promise of watching some NFL wide receivers windmill dunk on some skinny high school kids. Here's some rando's Flickr gallery of the night.

Double R was emceeing the thing, and the game had a bit of a Harlem Globetrotters feel. Anyway, I'm watching pregame warmup, and there's Burleson's team, and it's himself, and Lofa Tatupu, and Marcus Trufant, and other guys like that, and I'm thinking, "This is going to be awesome. These dudes are gonna fuck up these kids."

The only guy on the celebrity team who looked a bit out of sorts was dumpy-ass Double R, who would drop the mic from time to time and come in and play. Now there's the opportunity for even more entertainment: I can watch the pro athletes shred the little kids AND I can watch the little kids shred the chubby guy!

Noooooooope. Were it not for Double R, the celebrity team would have been run right out of there. There were some highlight dunks and whatnot, and guys like Tatupu bullied their way on the glass, but what kept the celeb team in the game was pulling Double R off the bench and kicking it to him outside the 3-point line. I shit you not when I say that guy went something like 30/30 from the 3-point line that night when you include warmups. I think he hit 10 in a row in warmups, and I'm not sure if he missed a single one during the game.

With all of the freak athletes in attendance, I left most in awe of a fucking radio producer's deep ball prowess. That guy could win an NBA 3-point competition, and it wouldn't be close.

/respek.
    WTFIDR?
    It was right there in the quoted quote: He was the producer for the BJ Shea morning show on Seattle radio. Cool guy. Probably posts here. If not, somebody should send him a chinvite.