Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who is forced out first....Mike Leach or Mike Riley?

Big disappointment v. annual bar set very low

Comments

• Options
    WedgwoodDawgWedgwoodDawg Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes
    I think a better question is who is forced out first... Mike Leach or Bill Moos?
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Big disappointment v. annual bar set very low

Leach. They have a higher set of standards than they should
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Neither for at least 2 years.

Abuhndance?
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Let's hope Cuogs make it to a shit bowl next year so they can give him another extension.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Riley is there for a while as long as he can manage 7-5 or 8-4 to give Boovs hope. I remember some grumbling in the mid 2000s but they shut up once they had a winning season and flirted with the top 25.

As pathetic as most Coogits are, they won't put up with 3-9 every season. I think the Mexico Bowel bought Leach some time, but he needs 6-6 or so next year.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Both institutions have settle for mediocrity
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    WSU is running $10.5 million annual operating deficits already. They can't afford to fire Leach now.

Might as well roll over his contract and pony up another raise. Cuogs will win again one day... blind squirl... nuts... fight hunger... you know the drill.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I think a better question is who is forced out first... Mike Leach or Bill Moos?

If any person was as bad at their job at Moos is then they would have been fired after the first week let alone how long he has been there.

He hired Bone for bball after Bennett who sucked ass. He hired Leach who so far has sucked ass.... And Ernie Kent has the team possibly on the way this season to less wins than the football team!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

WSU is running $10.5 million annual operating deficits already. They can't afford to fire Leach now.

Might as well roll over his contract and pony up another raise. Cuogs will win again one day... blind squirl... nuts... fight hunger... you know the drill.

Disagree. They need their own @PatHadenFS‌ to save them from that contract.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Disagree. They need their own @PatHadenFS‌ to save them from that contract.
    This. If the Cougs are lucky, someone like Kansas or SMU throws a bunch of scratch at him. He has to be ready to go, but he is entitled to 12-15 mil if he stays.
  • Options
    ORdawgORdawg Member Posts: 45
    5 Up Votes Testing 1 First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Cuogs can't afford a good coach and Riley is still popular with the Beavs.
  • Options
    WedgwoodDawgWedgwoodDawg Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2014

Ernie Kent has the team possibly on the way this season to less wins than the football team!

I know it's early, but I see the Ernie Kent WSU experiment as a dumpster fire just waiting to explode.

It's also a great example of Bill Moos going through the motions on the hoops hire. Yawn.
  • Options
    WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    I think someone could write a case study regarding the influence and success of Nike at Oregon, yet the same players put in Pullman fail miserably. Did they just get stupid overnight?
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    ORdawg said:

Riley is still popular with the Beavs.

Huh?
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2014
    Riley has a contract that extends him ever year he finishes with 6 wins at $1.85 million per. As of right now he's on the hook until 2020 if I remember right.

OS haven't had a good season in basketball since the early 90's and those consecutive baseball titles cost them $3 million.

Zero chance Mike Riley backs out of that contract or that the Beavs pony up to pay him off. The Cuoga don't have any money either but they'll just let Leach's contract expire.

This is why you don't heavily reward someone with zero accomplishments.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    This is another reason why I think Petersen will exceed expectations at UW. He is clearly the best coach in the p12 north. Because of Chip's influence, Oregon will be strong for another 3-4 years but where else is the competition? Look at Shaw now that Harbaugh's effect and players are completely gone. Dykes has done a good job this year but that style isn't conducive to competing for championships regularly. And OSU and WSU are well…OSU and WSU. The pac-12 division setup is very favorable for UW and Oregon. Look at UW's best seasons and in pretty much every one they didn't play UCLA or USC. The South is going to be very tough as long as Rich Rod and Graham are at those schools.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2014

If any person was as bad at their job at Moos is then they would have been fired after the first week let alone how long he has been there.

He hired Bone for bball after Bennett who sucked ass. He hired Leach who so far has sucked ass.... And Ernie Kent has the team possibly on the way this season to less wins than the football team!
    Bone was hired by Jim Sterk. Which wasn't a terrible hire at the time but it was the 7 year itch contract that he gave him. If he had the standard 4 or even 5 year contract, Bone would have been fired after year 3 and things probably wouldn't be near as bad as they are now. Hiring Ernie Kent was a lazy hire on the surface. However those extra 2 years that Bone had to be kept around due to contract issues left WSU as probably a bottom 3 power 5 conference Bball program.

Just what up and coming coach is gonna gamble a career on the rise to take on that reclamation project? Moos hired Ernie Kent to at least get the program out of dumpster fire status and they actually won a couple basketball games this weekend. He's not a place holder but more of a Servicemaster type of coach. Get things cleaned up enough to where you can sell the job to a younger up and coming coach in the next 3 or 4 years.

After 4 wonderful years of Paul Wulff, the football program was left in the same state. Again, please tell me who else we would have got to come to Pullman with the program in that state?

I'm pretty sure we weren't gonna get anybody else better than a guy who had a 84-43 record from a power conference.

It hasn't worked out so far. But I don't blame Moos..... yet.

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Paul Wulff left Mike Leach a 4 win team and 2 NFL QB's on the roster.

Mike Leach turned that into a 3 win team in year 3.

I blame Jim Sweeney.