Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Too fucking early two-deeps for 2015

2»

Comments

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Coleman looks good when plays are well blocked and he's able to hit the hole with momentum. But he just doesn't seem to have quick enough feet to create something out of nothing.

I like Dwayne Washington.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I haven't even heard how McGary has performed this year on the Scout team. What makes you think: A) he is ready to be a starter; and B) he is now playing offense?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'm not a big Coleman fan, but I don't think he is terrible either. He's played well in spurts.

He's averaging 3.7 yards per carry against FBS opponents.

He's not good.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Good points though if it's true he made the switch a few weeks ago, I'm happy about it.

When I was salivating over his TB highlights in 2013 and early 2014, my untrained eye told me he didn't have the quick-twitch ability that non-zero / 1 techs need.

OTOH, I really liked what I saw out of him as a OL and he's could be a future NFL OT (just like Atoe!!1!@ !1!!!).

I thought, though, that Eldrenkamp was the heir-apparent at LT as a RS-JR in 2015 but maybe McGary will beat him out.

If it's true that McGary switched, it sounds like Eldrenkamp, McGary, and Matt James (most likely needs another year in the weight room) will battle for the LT spot and then one of those beaten out will back-up Coleman Shelton at RT next year (who just wasn't ready to play as a RS-Frosh this year, kind of like Matt James will be in 2015).

Passion said:

I haven't even heard how McGary has performed this year on the Scout team. What makes you think: A) he is ready to be a starter; and B) he is now playing offense?

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014
    dnc said:

I'm not a big Coleman fan, but I don't think he is terrible either. He's played well in spurts.

He's averaging 3.7 yards per carry against FBS opponents.

He's not good.
    I'm not a huge Coleman fan. I've always liked Washington better, but Coleman is a freshman with a small sample size. The running game was bad the first few games of Pac 12 play. Now, it's getting better. First Shaq and Cooper ran well, now Washington is doing better. I'm sure the OL blocking better has something to do with that. Coleman ran well last week.

He very well could get passed by a freshman next year, but he could also end up being a solid contributor at RB. In a good program, players normally get better.