Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So the voters, EsecPN, committee force-fed us another overrated SEC team

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

The SEC is overrated enough for doogs to try to argue that it sucks when the evidence points the opposite direction.

It doesn't suck. It's also not remarkably better than the rest of the country. Answer is in the middle.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,447
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

ASU, UCLA, and Arizona are playing at the same level as Ole Miss and Auburn. Every QB in the PAC 12 is better than LSU's. A&M plays no defense. Arkansas is improving, but is a .500 team.

The SEC West is the strongest conference, but not by the margin the media or many on this board (myself included) believed.

ASU lost to Oregon State last week.

And you're telling me that UW could travel to Oxford or Auburn and have a 2 point lead with a minute to go?

W, JW
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014

ASU, UCLA, and Arizona are playing at the same level as Ole Miss and Auburn. Every QB in the PAC 12 is better than LSU's. A&M plays no defense. Arkansas is improving, but is a .500 team.

The SEC West is the strongest conference, but not by the margin the media or many on this board (myself included) believed.

And you're telling me that UW could travel to Oxford or Auburn and have a 2 point lead with a minute to go?

W, JW
    Ole Miss lost 30-0 to Arkansas yesterday. You think they would win in LA or Tempe? I never said anything about UW. W, JW.
  • Options

W, JW
    Ole Miss lost 30-0 to Arkansas yesterday. You think they would win in LA or Tempe? I never said anything about UW. W, JW.
    The fact that you bring up Ole Miss' loss to Arkansas must mean you think that it's equal to ASU's lost to Oregon State. Are you seriously this retarded? Arkansas lost by 1 point to the #1 team in the country and 7 to the #4 team in the country. Of course, they're nothing compared to the mighty Beavs like you say, who lost to Wazzu and Cal this year. And if you want a more objective reference to how these two teams are equal, Arkansas is 17 in the Sagarin, while OSU is 70.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

As for UW, you said Arizona is playing as well as Ole Miss and Auburn. UW played Arizona last week and had a 2 point lead with a minute to go. If Arizona is playing as well as Ole Miss and Auburn, then you should think UW would do just as well against them, right?

Good work, RoadDawgFS
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014

W, JW
    The fact that you bring up Ole Miss' loss to Arkansas must mean you think that it's equal to ASU's lost to Oregon State. Are you seriously this retarded? Arkansas lost by 1 point to the #1 team in the country and 7 to the #4 team in the country. Of course, they're nothing compared to the mighty Beavs like you say, who lost to Wazzu and Cal this year. And if you want a more objective reference to how these two teams are equal, Arkansas is 17 in the Sagarin, while OSU is 70.

As for UW, you said Arizona is playing as well as Ole Miss and Auburn. UW played Arizona last week and had a 2 point lead with a minute to go. If Arizona is playing as well as Ole Miss and Auburn, then you should think UW would do just as well against them, right?

Good work, RoadDawgFS
    Wow, that's a lot of twisting. On a neutral field, UCLA and ASU would likely be favored over Ole Miss. I'm not sure about Arizona, but I would imagine the line would be close.

For the record, I was on the Arkansas bandwagon long before any of you. If you want to dig hard enough, you could find it. Many disagreed with me at the time. I know they are a decent and improved team.
  • Options

Wow, that's a lot of twisting. On a neutral field, UCLA and ASU would likely be favored over Ole Miss. I'm not sure about Arizona, but I would imagine the line would be close.

For the record, I was on the Arkansas bandwagon long before any of you. If you want to dig hard enough, you could find it. Many disagreed with me at the time. I know they are a decent and improved team.

The issue I had with your original post isn't UCLA (so you don't need to keep bringing them up, they're legit). The problem I had was saying the Arizona schools are playing at the same level as Ole Miss and Auburn.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014

The issue I had with your original post isn't UCLA (so you don't need to keep bringing them up, they're legit). The problem I had was saying the Arizona schools are playing at the same level as Ole Miss and Auburn.
    I'm not pretending ASU or Arizona are great teams. All four of those teams are above average to good teams that would be favored at home. Auburn and Ole Miss would not be favored at ASU. The line would be very small on a neutral field. You don't think so? There is very little gap between them.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

The SEC is overrated enough for doogs to try to argue that it sucks when the evidence points the opposite direction.

It doesn't suck. It's also not remarkably better than the rest of the country. Answer is in the middle.
    Exactly. Obviously it's not terrible. There are a bunch of 6-9 win teams...not really unlike most other power five conferences. Once again, the top ten hype was bullshit.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited November 2014
    Two teams that got shut out (LSU and Mississippi) by fucking Arkansas are not elite. Neither is Arkansas. That's kind of the fucking poont. Arkansas is a 5-8 win team in the Big XII, in the B1G, in the Pac-12 and in the SEC. Alabama is a pretty great team, although their offense sucks away from Tuscaloosa. Auburn wishes they had Oregon's defense. AnM is a paper tiger. So is Ole Miss. LSU can't play offense if their lives depended on it. Mississippi State is good - a 9-11 win team. There's your SEC West.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LSU also had 11 players drafted last year

Just saying
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Just saying

True. They lost their entire offense from last year and it shows. Mettenberger started for Tennessee today. Hill and Blue both started today at RB. Beckham and Jarvis both start at WR.

LSU has won with dreckfest QB's before, but the guy playing now is comically bad. He makes Cyler Miles look like Aaron Rodgers.
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Bravo Puppy. If Arizona was in the SEC they would jump to 8th by pounding a ranked team on the road. South Carolina is the team too blame. They inflated A&M's win then they lose which inflates another team and so on. Where are SC and A&M now? I'm also adding " buttfuckered" to the signature line of my emails.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Odell beckham jr just made the greatest catch I have ever fucking seen. Jesus christ

What was this thread about again
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Just saying

Was Odell Beckham JUNIOR one of them? The media never talks about/slurps him, especially since he's in NY/NJ. I totally lost track of him.

Sorry, no threadjack here. SEC is still overrated.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

Two teams that got shut out (LSU and Mississippi) by fucking Arkansas are not elite. Neither is Arkansas. That's kind of the fucking poont. Arkansas is a 5-8 win team in the Big XII, in the B1G, in the Pac-12 and in the SEC. Alabama is a pretty great team, although their offense sucks away from Tuscaloosa. Auburn wishes they had Oregon's defense. AnM is a paper tiger. So is Ole Miss. LSU can't play offense if their lives depended on it. Mississippi State is good - a 9-11 win team. There's your SEC West.

Oregon got a shot at Auburn and LSU with their best teams.

Who won? I forgot
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

AZDuck said:

Oregon got a shot at Auburn and LSU with their best teams.

Who won? I forgot
    They wanted Bama and all they got was little ole Auburn and LSU.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Here goes whatshouldiwriteabout writing about nothing again.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

W, JW

Good work, RoadDawgFS

You werent on the Ark wagon before me Roadie. Bielema went to the SEC (where he was given no chance to win in such a deep and powerful conference) for the same reason Mizzou and TAMU did...they knew how average the conference is top to bottom, how much advertising and free pub for recruiting they'd receive, a jan1 bowl game for the 8th place team, and free path to BCS/playoff.

Arkansas might be a player in the west in h I s 3rd year. Fer fucksake, TAMU and AANDY's butt-buddy Pinkel were players their 1st year (Neither could win more than 8 games in the big12)
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Roadie is puppy's minion.

Awesome