Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Picture Thread: Better CEO's than Ken Griswold

2»

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Jeffrey Skilling-Enron

• Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Technically, the guy bought a team for like, 50 grand. Banged alot of crazy bitches, and sold the team for $2,000,000,000. I'd let him run my business.

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2014
    Alexis said:

dnc said:

Technically, the guy bought a team for like, 50 grand. Banged alot of crazy bitches, and sold the team for $2,000,000,000. I'd let him run my business.

And the team lost like 2 million games during his ownership, give or take.

Terrible CEO who lucked into a great investment.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Homer's brother Herb Simpson:
    Herbert Powell, who looks just like Homer, except he is taller, slimmer and has more hair, is the head of the automobile manufacturer Powell Motors in Detroit, which is in need of new ideas. He is very rich, but is unhappy not knowing who he is and where he comes from. He is overjoyed upon hearing of his half-brother and invites the entire Simpson family to stay at his mansion. Bart, Lisa, and Maggie are enthralled by Herb's wealthy lifestyle and kind personality, although Marge constantly worries about spoiling her kids. Herb then decides that Homer, being an average American, is the perfect person to design a new car for his company.

Homer is given entirely free rein in the design, but is at first too timid to voice an opinion, as Herb's designers begin to design the car with their own ideas in mind. When Herb gets word of this, he gives Homer a pep talk that sends him back to the designers determined to build the car with all sorts of weird effects like bubble domes, tail fins and several horns that play "La Cucaracha". At the unveiling of the new car, Herb is horrified to find that the car is a badly-designed and hideously styled monstrosity that costs US$82,000, leaving Powell Motors bankrupt and out of business, while Herb's mansion is foreclosed and he loses everything he ever worked for; as he departs Detroit on a bus, he angrily remarks to Homer that as far as he is concerned, he has no brother.
    References[edit]
    Jump up ^ Groening, Matt (2003). The Simpsons The Complete Third Season DVD commentary for the episode "Brother, Can You Spare Two Dimes?" (DVD). 20th Century Fox.
    Jump up ^ Swartzwelder, John; Moore, Rich (1992-08-27). "Brother, Can You Spare Two Dimes?". The Simpsons. Season 3. Episode 59. Fox.
    ^ Jump up to: a b Reiss, Mike (2002). The Simpsons season 2 DVD commentary for the episode "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?" (DVD). 20th Century Fox.
    ^ Jump up to: a b c Cartwright, Nancy (2000). "Oh, Danny Boy...". My Life as a 10-Year-Old Boy. New York City: Hyperion Books. pp. 90–93. ISBN 0-7868-8600-5.
    ^ Jump up to: a b Groening, Matt (1997). Richmond, Ray; Coffman, Antonia, eds. The Simpsons: A Complete Guide to Our Favorite Family (1st ed.). New York: HarperPerennial. p. 50. ISBN 978-0-06-095252-5. LCCN 98141857. OCLC 37796735. OL 433519M..
    Jump up ^ Lienert, Dan. "The Best, Worst & Weirdest Car Names". Forbes. Retrieved 2009-04-24.
    ^ Jump up to: a b Jean, Al (2002). The Simpsons season 2 DVD commentary for the episode "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?" (DVD). 20th Century Fox.
    Jump up ^ "What we watch, what we don't...". Austin American-Statesman. March 3, 1991. p. 15.
    Jump up ^ Martyn, Warren; Wood, Adrian (2000). "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?". BBC. Retrieved 2009-04-12.
    Jump up ^ "The Simpsons - The Complete Second Season Review". IGN. July 22, 2002. Retrieved 2009-04-07.
    Jump up ^ Taylor, Dawn (2002). "The Simpsons: The Complete Second Season". The DVD Journal. Retrieved 2009-03-23.
    ^ Jump up to: a b Jacobson, Colin. "The Simpsons: The Complete Second Season". DVD Movie Guide. Retrieved 2009-03-23.
    Jump up ^ Kleinman, Jeremy (August 1, 2002). "The Simpsons - The Complete Second Season". DVD Talk. Retrieved 2009-03-23.
    Jump up ^ Ditum, Nathan (March 29, 2009). "The 20 Best Simpsons Movie-Star Guest Spots". Total Film. Retrieved 2009-08-02.
    Jump up ^ "The Homer - a 24 Hours of LeMons race car". 2013. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Message board moderator calling himself CEO lol
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Gladstone said:

Message board moderator calling himself CEO lol

He's as much of a CEO as this guy is a Naval Officer:

and this guy is royalty:

and this guy is a guy capable of eating sensible portion sizes:
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
  • Options
    uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
  • Options
    skookumskookum Member Posts: 447
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Martha Stewart Prison Living

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    dnc said:

Alexis said:

dnc said:

I like to believe someone who turned low six figures into 2 billion dollars is lucky ...

1. Find good investment
    2. Fuck hot chics half your age
    3. Continue to fuck hot chics as you age and they stay the same age
    4. Rake in cash on your investment as you don't invest in it but fans continue to spend money
    5. Sell the investment for a record amount of cash
    6. Still fucking hot chics, even as your stomach continues to grow like it is an elephant tumor

Epic success as a CEO if you ax me.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    topdawgnc said:

dnc said:

Alexis said:

dnc said:

I like to believe someone who turned low six figures into 2 billion dollars is lucky ...

1. Find good investment
    2. Fuck hot chics half your age
    3. Continue to fuck hot chics as you age and they stay the same age
    4. Rake in cash on your investment as you don't invest in it but fans continue to spend money
    5. Sell the investment for a record amount of cash
    6. Still fucking hot chics, even as your stomach continues to grow like it is an elephant tumor

Epic success as a CEO if you ax me.
    So what're you're saying is, he's got thechatch level success.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,523
    Swaye's Wigwam