Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Deserving to win

When I hear folks complaining about Petersen and the end of the Arizona game, a common thing I'm hearing is that the kids (I like to call them that) Deserved to win the game and CP took that away from them.. Last I checked you had to earn a win, it isn't given to you because you deserve it.

Comments

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Playing devils advocate…one could say the coaches deserved to win but the players blew it. That game was 26-10 excluding the tomfoolery at the end of each half.

Unfortunately we don't have sark to tell us that he deserved to win since the game plan was perfect, had a great week of practice, but just suffered from some trust issues.

Sark never boo'd the kids.... except when he needed an excuse
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Playing devils advocate…one could say the coaches deserved to win but the players blew it. That game was 26-10 excluding the tomfoolery at the end of each half.

Did Chris Petersen snap the fucked extra point?

Did Jonathan Smith doink one off the upright on the field goal.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    topdawgnc said:

Did Chris Petersen snap the fucked extra point?

Did Jonathan Smith doink one off the upright on the field goal.
    Your points are valid, but I think it was Smith who put Crisco on the ball a couple of times and Choate did not pay attention to outside contain on the fake field goal.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    When you fumble two times to the breeze, you don't "deserve" to win.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye said:

Hundreds of thousands of Husky fans deserving 0-12 is a more powerful force than a few dozen kids deserving a win.

It's cute that you said the Huskies have hundreds of thousands of fans. The Huskies have a few thousand fans, and ten's of thousands of people who like boating to games, being seen at games, and going to the Zone instead of watching games. Oh yeah, and some Asian kids in the student section wondering if what they are watching is anything like Sumo.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Hundreds of thousands of Husky fans deserving 0-12 is a more powerful force than a few dozen kids deserving a win.

It's cute that you said the Huskies have hundreds of thousands of fans. The Huskies have a few thousand fans, and ten's of thousands of people who like boating to games, being seen at games, and going to the Zone instead of watching games. Oh yeah, and some Asian kids in the student section wondering if what they are watching is anything like Sumo table tennis.
    Crispered...
  • Options
    golddog17golddog17 Member Posts: 121
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    topdawgnc said:

Swaye said:

It's cute that you said the Huskies have hundreds of thousands of fans. The Huskies have a few thousand fans, and ten's of thousands of people who like boating to games, being seen at games, and going to the Zone instead of watching games. Oh yeah, and some Asian kids in the student section wondering if what they are watching is anything like Sumo.
    Is this a picture of "The greatest setting in college football"
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,087
    Founders Club
    topdawgnc said:

Swaye said:

I remember the next day's headline on huskyhalfbrains.com..

"The House that Emmert Built"
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

topdawgnc said:

Swaye said:

What game was that?
  • Options
    RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2014

topdawgnc said:

Swaye said:

What game was that?
    Stanford 2010
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    Standard Supporter
    In defense of Husky fans and Husky Stadium, that Stanford game saw Harbough blowing out Dude Brah's O ring 41 zip so only the most perverse stuck around for the end.

topdawgnc said:

Swaye said:

What game was that?
    Stanford 2010
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,998
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MakaDawg said:

I was hoping someone would post this picture. I would, but I don't know how.

Great job as always Race.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

In defense of Husky fans and Husky Stadium, that Stanford game saw Harbough blowing out Dude Brah's O ring 41 zip so only the most perverse stuck around for the end.

topdawgnc said:

Swaye said:

What game was that?
    Stanford 2010
    Sounds like it created a lot of division in the fan base then.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    Standard Supporter
    And 1 more mentally ill person in Seattle.

HFNY said:

topdawgnc said:

Swaye said:

What game was that?
    Stanford 2010
    Sounds like it created a lot of division in the fan base then.