Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HuskyFanPodcast: Arizona Review, Big Picture Shit & OSU Prediction

http://traffic.libsyn.com/huskyfanpodcast/Nov17ArizonareviewOSUpreview.mp3

80 minute podcast…

We review Petersen's decisions and discuss the game and certain players. We talk about the near-term future for the program and possible outlook for next year. Road Dawg kills another promo and James provides great color. Late in the podcast we discuss doog of the week…USC/UCLA outlook and give a few shout outs. I don't think anyone farted on this one, though there is some background noise at the start as I'm eating my dinner.

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Will listen tomorrow, up vote for the fart reference.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    "Awesomed" despite not making a fart at a random time in the podcast a regular segment.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2014
    LOL - the maths been done by Brewer?
  • Options
    The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I like this podcast a lot. Something that could improve it would be to have more contradictory opinions. You guys tend to take the same side on a few key topics and I think the debate would improve if one of you played devils advocate, or maybe invite a guest who thinks differently.
    I thought about this during the Cyler Miles segment where all 3 of you seemed to find excuses and gave him a pass, basically.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I like this podcast a lot. Something that could improve it would be to have more contradictory opinions. You guys tend to take the same side on a few key topics and I think the debate would improve if one of you played devils advocate, or maybe invite a guest who thinks differently.
    I thought about this during the Cyler Miles segment where all 3 of you seemed to find excuses and gave him a pass, basically.

Not at all. He hasn't been good. I just don't get the feeling Petersen is as upset with him as the fan base. That could be Petersen supporting him to the media. Thank you for the input.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,601
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If you go back through the last 3 or 4 podcasts, I think we have been pretty hard on Cyler. His ball control issues have been atrocious. I am sure we could be even more brutal, but the fact is no other player has stepped up to beat him out. He is the QB to finish out the season and will be the front runner next year. Further beating him up won't change anything.
    I honestly don't know what else we could say. I don't think any us give him a pass.

If you do look at him from a statistical perspective you would think is a solid QB.

In regards to differing opinions, main stream media makes shit up to debate. I guess we could do that but I think all us are giving honest opinions ans we agree a lot of the time. Though I know roadie and chest have disagreed with me a number of times. It may be a bowl of cherries a lot the time but not all the time.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I remember being so horribly frustrated with Keith Price's vain attempts at scrambling and subsequent fumbles. I didn't think it could get worse, and it could only get better.

then Cyler 2014 happened.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437

Great podcast. I think that RoadDawg provides a lot of differing opinions to Chest and Cornell so it's a nice mix. This might have been my favorite episode so far because of the substantive content and hitting so many different points. I was a little worried about the lack of perversion and cursing but the team came through nicely at the end.

I felt a lot of suspense as Chest was about to reveal his weekly prediction... it was like there was a drumroll. The Huard crap was funny. RoadDawg is becoming an excellent spokesman for Derek Johnson Books.

I agree that the show needs more farting.

New sponsor opportunity

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    No farting please. Easily my favorite podcast yet, I feel slightly less depressed about the loss now.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Great podcast. I think that RoadDawg provides a lot of differing opinions to Chest and Cornell so it's a nice mix. This might have been my favorite episode so far because of the substantive content and hitting so many different points. I was a little worried about the lack of perversion and cursing but the team came through nicely at the end.

I felt a lot of suspense as Chest was about to reveal his weekly prediction... it was like there was a drumroll. The Huard crap was funny. RoadDawg is becoming an excellent spokesman for Derek Johnson Books.

I agree that the show needs more farting.

You got a shout-out.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Listening now in... the fullback route you were trying to figure out chest is called a wheel route.
  • Options
    claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    80 minutes of GREAT perversion!!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I also talked about Miles shitty throw to Dwayne Washington and his i
    Doogles said:

Listening now in... the fullback route you were trying to figure out chest is called a wheel route.

It wasn't really a wheel though. A wheel is the RB or FB going out and upfield down the sideline.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Doogles said:

It wasn't really a wheel though. A wheel is the RB or FB going out and upfield down the sideline.
    I'll wait for Hugh Millen to weigh in on the difference between the routes. He has the bubble vs. smoke screen and sluggo route discussions dialed in, so he should be able to shed some light on this debate as well.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No shout out i'm pissed. Nice high pitched 'go dawgs' to finish her off.
  • Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Doogles said:

Washington couldn't catch a pass if he rolled in pine tar. He shouldn't ever be in there for passing situations.