Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I Don't Get It

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Standard Supporter
1. There is no debate that, on 4th down, there would've been time on the clock had we prematurely gone into victory formation.

2. Our long-snapper already had a wild PAT snap that cost us 1 point and Korey Durkee dropped the ball against ASU so why would we go backwards on the Victory formation and then snap the ball with a wild snapper and a punter who could drop it again?

3. THIS IS SO DUMB. IF COOPER HOLDS ONTO THE BALL, WE NEVER WOULD BE HAVING THIS DISCUSSION!

COOPER IS A RS-SR WHLE THE SNAPPER IS A WALK-ON AND DURKEE IS A 1ST YEAR PUNTER.

YOU TRUST ONE OF YOUR RS-SR TEAM LEADER TO SEAL THE VICTORY.

Comments

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    This.

There were so many errors in this game to try and pin point any one action is fucktarded.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,616
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Agree. Neuheisal made a pretty strong case for the victory formation and the QB running around wasting the extra time during his post game. It almost sold me. All I was thinking in the situation, though, was grind out one more first down and keep the fucking ball out of Miles' hands as much as possible.

I don't get paid the big bucks though.

I do know there wasn't a dry eye in the house when Coop coughed that game losing fumble up though lol. Come on fuckers this place is supposed to be funny!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Yeah, the missed PAT, Miles with two unforced fumbles, missed blitz pick-ups, Miles holding onto the ball too long, etc etc.

I know it's easy (and PC) for FAT MEN at the Seattle Times, etc to blame the coaches but the players lost this game. I thought the play-calling was mostly exceptional on both sides of the ball.
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If you can't get a new coach, at least get a new chart that tells them what to do.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,616
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canard said:

If you can't get a new coach, at least get a new chart that tells them what to do.

FOC
  • Options
    Canard said:

Every coach, including yours, uses charts.

It is fucktarded or completely naive to pretend this is the first time any of us have ever heard of the chart.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2014
    I guess the point that there still would've been time on the clock with taking the victory formation and then having to snap it with a walk-on who already had a wild-snap and a punter who dropped the ball a few weeks ago isn't making it through some thick skulls.

And the suggestion that a QB who has already fumbled twice takes a shotgun snap from a center who was wild with his snaps most of the day and does a quick punt is also fucking stupid.

Your best odds are to go with a RS-SR to run the ball forward and rather than to go backwards and then snap it far backwards in a pressure situation with a previously wild walk-on snapper and a 1st year punter who dropped a snap a few games ago.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

It is fucktarded or completely naive to pretend this is the first time any of us have ever heard of the chart.
    ^^^ what my chart says as well. FO,C
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

I guess the point that there still would've been time on the clock with taking the victory formation and then having to snap it with a walk-on who already had a wild-snap and a punter who dropped the ball a few weeks ago isn't making it through some thick skulls.

And the suggestion that a QB who has already fumbled twice takes a shotgun snap from a center who was wild with his snaps most of the day and does a quick punt is also fucking stupid.

Your best odds are to go with a RS-SR to run the ball forward and rather than to go backwards and then snap it far backwards in a pressure situation with a previously wild walk-on snapper and a 1st year punter who dropped a snap a few games ago.

This isn't true. I saw a post that showed how feasible it was to run out the clock by kneeling it. Petersen fucked up. Not using his timeouts was equally stupid.
  • Options
    Canard said:

topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

not the first time I heard of coaches using charts. Was the first time I heard a coach implicating a chart for a fucktarded outcome.
    So it's the first time you've heard a coach tell the truff.
  • Options

HFNY said:

This isn't true. I saw a post that showed how feasible it was to run out the clock by kneeling it. Petersen fucked up. Not using his timeouts was equally stupid.
    Part of the problem is Miles called for the ball at :07 left on the play clock.

In addition to his Dave Krieg pass in the red zone.

On top of his panic fumble at the end of the half.

Lots of fucktard bullshit in that game.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

not the first time I heard of coaches using charts. Was the first time I heard a coach implicating a chart for a fucktarded outcome.
    So it's the first time you've heard a coach tell the truff.
    Lol. No. Because the truth was that for $3.5 million per, the huskies have channeled the ghost of fucking Bruce Snyder.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    This.

You know you're wrong if you agree with Brewer.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I agree with you about the penalties and the TO but I still don't agree about going backwards in the victory formation and then being forced to snap the ball 10 yards back to your punter. The walk-on snapper already had a bad snap 7 yards back in the PAT and Durkee is a 1st year punter who dropped a crucial punt a few weeks earlier against ASU.

And I also agree with you that Miles should've been under center, regardless of Cooper fumbling it. You are right that Petersen isn't walking the walk when it comes to an attention to details, to be honest by far that bothers me the most...more than Cooper fumbling away the game.

I'm sure Petersen is feeling the heat as he very well should. When your team has 13 penalties, a missed FG, a missed PAT, and 3 fumbles, that's a big and verifiable problem and worth focusing on more than counter-factuals.
    MakaDawg said:

HFNY said:

Yeah, the missed PAT, Miles with two unforced fumbles, missed blitz pick-ups, Miles holding onto the ball too long, etc etc.

I know it's easy (and PC) for FAT MEN at the Seattle Times, etc to blame the coaches but the players lost this game. I thought the play-calling was mostly exceptional on both sides of the ball.

This is such a faggot way of thinking. Dick Baird is that you?

If you can't see that taking a knee and not risking another shitty shotgun snap (which was the instigator for one of miles' "unforced fumbles") while running down the clock to a handful of seconds before fourth down Is a better option, then you really don't get it.

It's not even the decision not to take a knee. It's the fucking penalties. It's the decision not to take a fucking timeout with over 30 seconds left in the game to give yourself a chance. It's the shitting away the Stanford game due to similar bullshit decisions. It's the lack of attention to details that Pete supposedly prioritizes..

It's the fucking excuses from people like you.

Sure, coop shouldn't have fumbled and we're disappointed as hell over it, but the game illuminated a very worrisome aura of coaching ineptitude that is not acceptable nor tolerable nor anything else. It should be called out and needs to change fucking right fucking now or heads should start to roll. Oh, what? He's still trying to get the sark stench out of the program, so he can't be bothered with the little things?

Well Fuck you. I'm impatient and petulant as a motherfucker, and am not about to put the assload of blame on the players.

Yeah, and fuck me and fuck everyone else..
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    And this isn't 2009 when the program was just happy to win a few games. The least we can ask for is stomping OSU at home after their emotional high of a win against ASU while we should be angry. If we come out flat, that will be another bad sign. I'm probably going to bet big on the Huskies though because they'll be pissed, healthier (Riva should finally be back), and Sidney Muthafuckin Jones and John Ross settled down nicely after getting burned early against Arizona.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

1. There is no debate that, on 4th down, there would've been time on the clock had we prematurely gone into victory formation.

2. Our long-snapper already had a wild PAT snap that cost us 1 point and Korey Durkee dropped the ball against ASU so why would we go backwards on the Victory formation and then snap the ball with a wild snapper and a punter who could drop it again?

3. THIS IS SO DUMB. IF COOPER HOLDS ONTO THE BALL, WE NEVER WOULD BE HAVING THIS DISCUSSION!

COOPER IS A RS-SR WHLE THE SNAPPER IS A WALK-ON AND DURKEE IS A 1ST YEAR PUNTER.

YOU TRUST ONE OF YOUR RS-SR TEAM LEADER TO SEAL THE VICTORY.

Durkee is a third year punter.

Started off as the main punter in 2012 but was so awful, Coons took the job for 2012-2013.

And don't forget, Durkee has been pulled for Vizcaino a couple times this year for punts.