Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Talent

Plenty of talent on this roster to beat anyone in this conference outside of Oregon.

But there is a must a major disconnect from what it being taught on the practice field & film room vs. the finished product on Saturday's. This 1st half is microcosm of the entire season.

It is great to hold players to a high standard off the field, but there seems to be a lack of accountability for on field performance.

TSHBO for weeks now, so I hope they can get this shit "cleaned up" by next year.

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    What talent besides the obvious guys on defense do you speak of? I hear this statement all the time yet no one answers it.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

What talent besides the obvious guys on defense do you speak of? I hear this statement all the time yet no one answers it.

Outside of the Oregon game, I don't see a game we lost because there was a huge talent gap.

• Options

Outside of the Oregon game, I don't see a game we lost because there was a huge talent gap.

Answer the fucking question. Name me these talented players.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

QB play is the main talent gap
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    Tequilla said:

QB play is the main talent gap
    Incorrect.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014

How about having no one that can throw a ball accurately beyond ~10 yards and having a skill group so poor that you have to bring your linebacker in?

Stanford: Their dline was so much better, our chances of scoring were better if we just played d the whole game. Blowout if not for timely turnovers we didn't get the rest of the season except at Cal.

Oregon: result of being inferior than opponent at every position except the ones Kikaha and Shaq are playing.

ASU: skill players, including quarterback, not on their level. We can't get anything on offense while their #1 receiver destroys our #1 db when they need a 3rd down/td.

UCLA: Again, skill players and quarterback can't match the other team's. When both defenses were sucking one team could drive the length of the field and score and one couldn't
  • Options
    Still waiting there Irish. Don't skate around it like everyone else who has made that claim.
  • Options

Answer the fucking question. Name me these talented players.
    Oline - we can run the ball when fucking stupid Smith calls a decent drive. They have pushed around UCLA, Arizona St and Arizona (top teams in the south) when give a chance. Their pass protection has been solid despite the fact we have a QB who can't read a defense and panics and destroys any pocket by starting run to the sidelines.

RBs - amazing when healthy and with some decent play calling we CAN RUN THE FUCKING BALL.

WRs - Ross, Mickens, Williams, Campbell, Taylor, Hall. Plenty of solid guys there to hang with any Pac 12 team. But our OC has made an effort not to get the ball to Ross and Williams, forcing Mickens into you #1 WR option, which he is not. Mickens is a guy you use on bubble screens and short crossing routes hoping he breaks one.

TEs - Daniels and Perkins can play if we would ever use the TE.

D - enough talent (you know the names) to hang/beat any team in the Pac 12. Even the young secondary like Jones, Hale, Beaver, King are an upgrade over the days when were we running out Vonzell, Q and Tripper.

Tell me one game outside of Oregon when it was clear our TALENT that was the issue.

As for QB, I think Miles has core elements of being an athletic game manager, but requires a lot of quality coaching and a very simple game plan with easy reads in the passing game.

• Options

Still waiting there Irish. Don't skate around it like everyone else who has made that claim.

Sorry, typing in between my daily shots.

• Options

This game just confirms my case.