Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Adam Jude quote

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,260
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
"Everybody loves Deontae Cooper. What a story it would be if he does indeed emerge as the No. 1 running back — as it appears he will — and gives the Huskies a consistent spark. But to rely on Cooper to be that guy? That’s asking an awful lot. Too much."

I say BULLSHIT. Give him a chance. I'd rather he get 20 carries than to split time with D. Washington.

Comments

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Why is he out there without the knee - brace if not to be ridden like the Polk and Sankey if yesteryear?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Put Cyler Miles at running back, too.

#option
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wylde Swede needs reps at RB.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Coop, DW and Coleman did not consistently run hard early in the year. We were then treated to UW's version of beast mode, and we saw what right looked like. Then Coleman and DW got hurt, and forced our hand. Last game, on the few touches he had, DW ran hard. And Coop has been productive for the past few games. Well see on Coleman.

In the perfect world, 2 of the 3 can step it up so we can keep Shaq on defense where he belongs.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,260
    Founders Club

HuskyInAZ said:

Coop, DW and Coleman did not consistently run hard early in the year. We were then treated to UW's version of beast mode, and we saw what right looked like. Then Coleman and DW got hurt, and forced our hand. Last game, on the few touches he had, DW ran hard. And Coop has been productive for the past few games. Well see on Coleman.

In the perfect world, 2 of the 3 can step it up so we can keep Shaq on defense where he belongs.

Cooper didn't get many chances until Oregon. When he played early in the season, he did fine, but it was only token appearances.

Washington runs hard, but he also runs upright. He doesn't have very good vision or wiggle either. He's a big, fast guy playing RB, but he's not even close to being a good or polished RB.

Coleman has looked good at times, but I would agree about him not consistently running hard. I think injury may have played a part in it. Coleman is a plodder so when he doesn't run hard he is awful.

I might disagree about Shaq belonging on defense. He's good on defense, but in the NFL, he's just another guy if he plays D. He's a little small for LB and possibly a little stiff at safety. If he can do what he did in a couple weeks at RB, what could he do playing there full time for a couple years? A 6'1" 225 RB that can catch is pretty special.
    exactly how I feel
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    At this point Cooper makes as much sense as the two often injured -- Coleman and Washington. Without a line that can create some space and push, does it really make any difference? None of these three can impose their will on a defense.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Dwayne Washington looked quite a bit different on his limited carries against UCLA. I'd like to get him some more carries.

They have wasted this season without giving enough reps to the 3 backs (Coop, DW, Coleman). I know they can't give every guy 15+ carries a game but none of these guys have had enough reps to improve. DW has the physical attributes, Coleman was a 4* back and scout team player of the year when he redshirted. He had decent games against Cal and Stanford. Cooper has made plays in his limited opportunities dating back to last year. Pick a fucking guy and make him the feature back. They need to figure out what they have for next year. They haven't done that.

Wake up pudbeater. Next years starter isnt even on the roster. Cooper is the guy if any. DW isnt a natural running back, at fucking all. Told u fucks that b4 the year. Coleman is slow with zero burst.

Gaskin is the starter, or at least our best back the second he steps on the field
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,131
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

HuskyInAZ said:

Cooper didn't get many chances until Oregon. When he played early in the season, he did fine, but it was only token appearances.

Washington runs hard, but he also runs upright. He doesn't have very good vision or wiggle either. He's a big, fast guy playing RB, but he's not even close to being a good or polished RB.

Coleman has looked good at times, but I would agree about him not consistently running hard. I think injury may have played a part in it. Coleman is a plodder so when he doesn't run hard he is awful.

I might disagree about Shaq belonging on defense. He's good on defense, but in the NFL, he's just another guy if he plays D. He's a little small for LB and possibly a little stiff at safety. If he can do what he did in a couple weeks at RB, what could he do playing there full time for a couple years? A 6'1" 225 RB that can catch is pretty special.
    And if he's playing RB, I doubt he goes to the league after this season. We'll likely get another year with him. Which I kinda feel bad about since we're so drecky.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Dwayne Washington looked quite a bit different on his limited carries against UCLA. I'd like to get him some more carries.

They have wasted this season without giving enough reps to the 3 backs (Coop, DW, Coleman). I know they can't give every guy 15+ carries a game but none of these guys have had enough reps to improve. DW has the physical attributes, Coleman was a 4* back and scout team player of the year when he redshirted. He had decent games against Cal and Stanford. Cooper has made plays in his limited opportunities dating back to last year. Pick a fucking guy and make him the feature back. They need to figure out what they have for next year. They haven't done that.

Wake up pudbeater. Next years starter isnt even on the roster. Cooper is the guy if any. DW isnt a natural running back, at fucking all. Told u fucks that b4 the year. Coleman is slow with zero burst.

Gaskin is the starter, or at least our best back the second he steps on the field
    so... you see things the coaches don't?

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Cooper can't break a tackle to save his life. He is a complimentry back at best.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Cooper can't break a tackle to save his life. He is a complimentry back at best.

Meh. I would have agreed with you last year where he seemed hesitant and fragile. If you watch his runs this year, he is initiating contact and getting those couple yards after contact. When he gets up to the secondary he actually has trucked a couple DBs.

Nice 666 poast BTW.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam

so... you see things the coaches don't?

It's possible, puppy sits a little closer to the field.