Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who is in the house?

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

we also have tons of people here in their 20s who know nothing but losing-to-mediocre football when it comes to the Huskies.

hi
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    loadsock said:

Tequilla said:

Mid 30s ...

Grew up in the Seattle area ... lifelong Husky ... only applied to the UW ...

Went to the UW during the late 90s and early 00's ... knew a lot of guys on the last Rose Bowl team.

Was lucky to go to TCU for grad school ... very easy to see the difference between what was happening at the UW and what a good coach like Gary Patterson was able to do with seemingly far fewer resources (particularly back when TCU was in the Mountain West) ... reminded me a lot of the UW teams that I grew up watching in the early 90s.

I see a lot of very strong correlations with Petersen ... I worry whether or not the impatience of our fanbase and desire to eat our own when things don't go 100% perfectly every single day, weekend, etc. will cannibalize some of Petersen's efforts.

Tequila went to TCU for grad school?

No way!
    I'm not the #TCUMBASuperiorityGuy for nothing
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Mad_Son said:

Tequilla said:

Mid 30s ...

Grew up in the Seattle area ... lifelong Husky ... only applied to the UW ...

Went to the UW during the late 90s and early 00's ... knew a lot of guys on the last Rose Bowl team.

Was lucky to go to TCU for grad school ... very easy to see the difference between what was happening at the UW and what a good coach like Gary Patterson was able to do with seemingly far fewer resources (particularly back when TCU was in the Mountain West) ... reminded me a lot of the UW teams that I grew up watching in the early 90s.

I see a lot of very strong correlations with Petersen ... I worry whether or not the impatience of our fanbase and desire to eat our own when things don't go 100% perfectly every single day, weekend, etc. will cannibalize some of Petersen's efforts.

29.720739 ...

Grew up in the Seattle area... didn't care about the Huskies until I showed up ... only applied to the UW and Colorado School of Mines (since they sent me a letter saying I was accepted as long as I filled in the form they gave me)...

Went to the UW during the early to mid 00's... knew someone who knew Isaiah Stanback and Johnny Durocher hit on my girlfriend at the Hub one day apparently.

Was intelligent to go to Wisconsin for grad school ... very easy to see the difference between what was happening at the UW and what a mediocre coach like Bret Bielema was able to do with seemingly comparable resources (particularly back when Wisconsin had to play all the teams in the Big 10 every year).... reminded me a lot of what I knew about the Lambo years that I didn't really care about as a kid.

I see a lot of very strong correlations with Petersen (and Don James, as documented in the first Ramblings™ of the season)... I worry whether or not the impatience of our fanbase and desite to eat our own when things don't go 100% perfectly every single, day, weekend, week, month, year, decade, century, millennium, age, epoch, period, era, eon, forever, etc will cannibalize some of Petersen's efforts.
    IMO YBE
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Early 90's, undergrad, med school and then residency on the east coast. Now I can't stomach the program, the free pub and especially Doogman and the fat fuck trio. Fetters, Ecklund and softy need to gtfo Now I'm stuck attending PSU games (Emmert fucked me here too) and traveling to OSU or Louisville for live football. Club Seats at Beaver Stadium, all money I'd gladly throw at UW had they not hired Willingham, Sloppy 7 and Woody
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    What up Mincy? Welcome to the board. Early 90's Dawg here - right after you and Donald left

The original Tebow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJp0I1OaIUk
  • d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

She was here but she left...
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,715
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    About the same age as Tequila, went to UW about the same time.

I grew up in Seattle (before it was really pussified) and loved the Hawks and Huskies equally and always will. I can't name the entire two deeps or the left tackle from 1996 but I love them.

It's real simple. I want winning and a Rose Bowl more than every 10-15 years. Petersen is the man to do it IMO but it's not going to just magically turn into a Chip Kelly .840ish record right away. At a minimum he needs to win 70% of the 1-a gaymes.
  • claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I'm not a UW fan, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I grew up in Canada back in the day when there were only like 13 channels... one of them was KOMO and I watched basically every Husky game (this was pre-Pac12 Network so you actually could watch the games!) and then would watch Don James run through all the plays on Sundays during that Coaches Show he did. I love the Huskies but HATE everything they have become in the last 14 years... trying to hold on...losing grip I fear.
  • CharlesMincyCharlesMincy Member Posts: 44
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

What up Mincy? Welcome to the board. Early 90's Dawg here - right after you and Donald left

The original Tebow

Who is That Guy??
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I grew up in T-Town, but I ain't never been to jail.
    Everyone in my family went undergrad to UW. I spent 6 years doing mine.
    I can pass for 10 years younger than I really am...I might try to date some of your daughters in time, so I don't want to reveal my true age or identity to you or to her anytime soon.
    I'm not a big guy, but I'm definitely one of the loudest Huskies when the loudness at games is important. When I do go to the games, I usually lose my voice by the end of the game, even if UW is getting plungered. Next day after game, I sound like I must have smoked weed my whole life.

I love UW football, but I think it's getting time for me to adopt a second team (from SEC) as mine. The subpar football at UW has gone on far too long. I don't even want to watch Ari plunger UW this Sat.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I stood up once to cheer on 3rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd down, but someone bumped my Starbuck's cup and I got a coffee stain on my NorthFace jacket.

My doc says I now have PTCD so I have had to stay seated ever since that dramatic 3rd down.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The original Tebow

Who is That Guy??
    Looks like a 5 star.
  • CharlesMincyCharlesMincy Member Posts: 44
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I stood up once to cheer on 3rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd down, but someone bumped my Starbuck's cup and I got a coffee stain on my NorthFace jacket.

My doc says I now have PTCD so I have had to stay seated ever since that dramatic 3rd down.

Classic!
  • RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    Late 20's, grew up in Olympia with a coug fan dad. by default I was a coug fan for my first few years but quickly grew out of it.. first 2 huskies games were 1996 against San Jose State and 2000 Miami... It has been downhill since then I suppose.. Anyways, I am hopeful for Petersen, but am worried about many of the idiots in the fanbase that care too much about sizzle..

I kind of dig the white helmets
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I graduated in 1989, so I saw the Dawgs go 7-4-1 and 6-5 under DJ before he lit a fire under everyone's ass and got the ball rolling toward the awesome 1990 and 91 seasons.

I've seen highs and lows before, but nothing like this drought. The lack of emotion and fire on the field we've seen over the last umpteen years is something you never saw from one of DJ's teams even in a 6-5 season. Those teams played hard. I don't give a rat's ass what uniform color scheme you wear as long as you fly around the field and make plays.

Glad to have you here, Charles. I watched you on game day and remember you flying around the field making plays. I hope coach Petersen brings back that kind of play.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    dflea said:

I've seen highs and lows before, but nothing like this drought. The lack of emotion and fire on the field we've seen over the last umpteen years is something you never saw from one of DJ's teams even in a 6-5 season.

Sounds like you can relate. Is that how you feel when you wife fucks you once every other month (in between her forays with other dudes)?