Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

white helmets & the crowd

IF UW must wear white helmets, then do it once a year on Veterans day. The husky uniforms are a total dreckfest. The soul patches on the pants and shoulder pads are downright awful. The digits are the absolute worst.

The crowd is awful, I understand the product on the field is very mediocre but a guy in the stands was so mad he was going to call the cops for Fbombs......FBombs? They guy was so angry because his grandson was hear the word fuck. He was enraged with two people behind him for fbombs.

I get stared at over and over for yelling, clapping, and stomping my feet. People are offended by the noise.

Going to games isn't really fun anymore. Out of conference games suck, the crowd sucks, the big screen is a disaster. They are playing the song happy is being played by the band and UW is down 20.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited November 2014
    Sounds like the perfect crowd for our program
  • Options
    sjdsjd Member Posts: 270
    5 Up Votes Testing 1 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Kreist!

Is Woody on board with the gameday experience? How can someone let things fall so far below the Medoza line before doing something...roll heads!
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I left midway through the 2nd quarter. I do not know why I went to that stupid game last night. It wasn't fun.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    I took a road trip to Eugene this year. Sure, good football helps, but they have that gameday experience thing dialed in. Disappointing that they destroy us in that area as well.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    jecornel said:

IF UW must wear white helmets, then do it once a year on Veterans day. The husky uniforms are a total dreckfest. The soul patches on the pants and shoulder pads are downright awful. The digits are the absolute worst.

The crowd is awful, I understand the product on the field is very mediocre but a guy in the stands was so mad he was going to call the cops for Fbombs......FBombs? They guy was so angry because his grandson was hear the word fuck. He was enraged with two people behind him for fbombs.

I get stared at over and over for yelling, clapping, and stomping my feet. People are offended by the noise.

Going to games isn't really fun anymore. Out of conference games suck, the crowd sucks, the big screen is a disaster. They are playing the song happy is being played by the band and UW is down 20.

Maybe the band is excited the Huskies are only down by 20, did you ever think of that?
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,609
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Sounds like if we don't have steak, we better have sizzle? ;)

I guarantee this post never happens if the team were 8-1 and smoked UCLA last night.

Unfortunately UW is not 8-1 and were plungered by UCLA.

I will still bitch about the helmets if UW is ever 8-1 some day.....ABUNDANCE!!
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,552
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like Woodtard still needs to go, and about half the AD with him. The problem is the guys ("lol") that make that call are all anti-football cunts so it won't be changing anytime soon. The best we can hope for is becoming the first openly gay football program to win a title.

#Pride
    #OurTradition
    #FMFYFE
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    McDavid is a tool ... but it is what it is.

In general, I think the biggest thing is that everybody's tired of losing ... it's easy to sit back, bitch, and eat our own a bit when the scoreboard isn't going our way.

The people complaining about F bombs are whatever ... but it's Seattle. That's the crap that happens. But in general, if you don't want your kids to hear that language, it's probably best to not take them to a sporting event.

Lot of corporate selling out ... at times it feels much more like going to a professional game than it does a college game.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Sounds like the perfect crowd for our program

Your best effort.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,539
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The games are tailored to the engineer, his wife, and his 5 kids who are season ticket holders, as well as the now hipster student body. The older fucks that come and bitch about the language would do that regardless of the other dreckfest stuff.

Really it just comes down to the athletic department trying to make the experience Seattled-out to put more butts in seats.

I just want the white helmets to go, I'm fine with the other alternates as long as it's a once-a-season thing.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Surprised (that I'm surprised) that it made it this many poasts without the obligatory pink tutus statement.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014
    Tequilla said:

McDavid is a tool ... but it is what it is.

In general, I think the biggest thing is that everybody's tired of losing ... it's easy to sit back, bitch, and eat our own a bit when the scoreboard isn't going our way.

The people complaining about F bombs are whatever ... but it's Seattle. That's the crap that happens. But in general, if you don't want your kids to hear that language, it's probably best to not take them to a sporting event.

Lot of corporate selling out ... at times it feels much more like going to a professional game than it does a college game.

When ever the losses pile up the "game day experience" complaining also goes up. Simple fact. The steak/sizzle comment originated with kim in the willingham era.

Take the white pants with the white helmets.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,875
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Sounds like Woodtard still needs to go, and about half the AD with him. The problem is the guys ("lol") that make that call are all anti-football cunts so it won't be changing anytime soon. The best we can hope for is becoming the first openly gay football program to win a title.

#Pride
    #OurTradition
    #FMFYFE

You're joking around, but that has a lot of truth to it.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,580
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Playing "Happy" while down 20 made me chuckle.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,552
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

If only some Half Brain assholes had warned everyone about Marinerization a decade ago.

Sounds like you just wanted Marinerization to take hold so you could say you were right!