Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

There's really no downside re: Peters Dismissal

For all intensive purposes, TSIO.

Peters was no doubt leaving for the league after this year, as he should, so he had no future in the program. Sidney Jones, Nate Dogg Jr, Gardenhire, etc. are all freshman that will benefit a ton from the extra playing time over the last few games. But that's not even the biggest part of this.

Successful people can see past a short term pain or loss for a long term gain.

Sark would be doing anything and everything he could to get to a SPECIAL 9 WIN SEASON, what a cool year for the Huskies man. Petersen realizes the individual outcomes of these last 4 games don't really mean shit in the long run, but rather a great opportunity for growth as a program. This is Petersen saying I don't give a fuck if you're the best corner in the country in a shitty secondary, if you're not buying into the program and the team, we don't need you. If you think you're bigger than the team, we don't need you. He gave Peters a chance to clean his shit up after the Eastern debacle, he didn't, and now he's door. ass. out.

The move gives credibility to Petersen, his staff, and the program. No empty threats here. Respect the program, process, coach, and most importantly your teammates or else you can LEAVE.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

He seems a lot like Ty. I'm not saying he he Ty. So don't twist. He's running off the best players and doing dumb fake punts and shit.

But how's his golf game?
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    What is with the racist crap?
  • Options
    BrothaStringBrothaString Member Posts: 218
    5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1 5 Awesomes

He seems a lot like Ty. I'm not saying he he Ty. So don't twist. He's running off the best players and doing dumb fake punts and shit.

We could win out and Petersen would tie Ty (TyTy? I don't like to call him that) in total wins at UW. I'm not saying that will happen, but it could. Either way it'll be interesting. Unless it's not.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We could win out and Petersen would tie Ty (TyTy? I don't like to call him that) in total wins at UW. I'm not saying that will happen, but it could. Either way it'll be interesting. Unless it's not.
    I like to call him Ty the same way I like to call DJ DJ. It saves a lot of time. I like saving time. That's what I like to do.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is some high level dooging.

These games do matter. Some of us would like to reach the very attainable 10 wins. And kick UCLA's teeth in.

By your logic, we should sit our entire d line (all seniors) and get reps for the young kids. But wait, that would be stupid because winning is fun and is supposed to matter.

It sucks to lose Peters. It is what it is, but this "this is a best case scenario" shit is ridiculous.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    doogville said:

These games do matter. Some of us would like to reach the very attainable 10 wins. And kick UCLA's teeth in.

By your logic, we should sit our entire d line (all seniors) and get reps for the young kids. But wait, that would be stupid because winning is fun and is supposed to matter.

It sucks to lose Peters. It is what it is, but this "this is a best case scenario" shit is ridiculous.

Doogman is more your speed.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    doogville said:

I would reaping but (Hi Beezelfag!)

LEAVE!!!
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    doogville said:

Everyone wants to win. This is a long-term decision. He needs to set a precedent and show the younger guys the nonsense and insubordination won't be tolerated.

In two or three years noone will care if we were 9-5 or 10-4 and whether it was the Purple Vegas Bowl, boner Sun Bowel, Alamo Bowl or the toilet bowl. If it's not a Rose Bowl or really high second tier bowl like the Cotton (which has no tie-in) noone GAF anyway.
  • Options
    beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes

Peters was no doubt leaving for the league after this year, as he should, so he had no future in the program. Sidney Jones, Nate Dogg Jr, Gardenhire, etc. are all freshman that will benefit a ton from the extra playing time over the last few games. But that's not even the biggest part of this.

Sark would be doing anything and everything he could to get to a SPECIAL 9 WIN SEASON, what a cool year for the Huskies man. Petersen realizes the individual outcomes of these last 4 games don't really mean shit in the long run, but rather a great opportunity for growth as a program. This is Petersen saying I don't give a fuck if you're the best corner in the country in a shitty secondary, if you're not buying into the program and the team, we don't need you. If you think you're bigger than the team, we don't need you. He gave Peters a chance to clean his shit up after the Eastern debacle, he didn't, and now he's door. ass. out.

The move gives credibility to Petersen, his staff, and the program. No empty threats here. Respect the program, process, coach, and most importantly your teammates or else you can LEAVE.

Congratulations for winning most convoluted logic award on this board, thats quite a feat
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    Swaye's Wigwam
    For all *intents and purposes,* you can win games and change a culture at the same time.

Again, if all that mattered was three years from now, you should be calling to sit all the seniors. Who cares? Get young guys reps.
  • Options
    beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes

beelzebub said:

Congratulations for winning most convoluted logic award on this board, thats quite a feat
    That's like the pot calling the kettle String
    Ur up Petersen's jock more than anybody herethe u taking rimshots dude?!
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    doogville said:

Hmm. I agree. It would be a huge statement if Petersen won more games in his debut season (10) than SarkFS did in any of his seasons. Momentum going into the offseason for recruiting would be huge as well. We also have some unfinished business with UCLA and Mora, time to fucking win and beat a good team.
  • Options
    BrothaStringBrothaString Member Posts: 218
    5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1 5 Awesomes
    doogville said:

For all *intents and purposes,* you can win games and change a culture at the same time.

Again, if all that mattered was three years from now, you should be calling to sit all the seniors. Who cares? Get young guys reps.

We're 6-3 and with a good shot to win 9-10 games including the bowl. That's exactly what we're doing. Notice how I said getting the freshman DBs experience isn't the biggest part? The point is even if we lose one more game than we would have won with Peters, it's not a big fuckin deal. Do I want to win every game? Of course. Is letting a potentially cancerous player hang around and drag other guys down with him worth an extra win in a non-contending season? Fuck no.

Jesus you're bad at this.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited November 2014
    UCLA and arguably Arizona are good teams broski
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    doogville said:

Down vote for correcting what is a mute point. New here?
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I badly want to kick Mora's face in but is not having Marcus Peters the difference between winning and losing?

I'm actually looking forward to how Sidney Muthfuckin' Jones matches up with Jordan Payton now. For the most part, their other WRs are JAGs and UCLA has give up 28 sacks in the 9 games Hundley has played in so if we can get at least 4 on him and stymie his running lanes, Hundley won't have a very fun night. E. Massington for them is pretty big but it seems like he's still working his way back from an ACL tear and he's pretty inexperienced.

Anyway, I do see what the OP meant and that's Hale and Gardenhire getting a lot more reps. We weren't beating the better programs in the Pac-12 WITH Peters and it's not like Peters was going to come back next year, so is the downside of not having Peters while getting the frosh ready for 2015 that big of a deal?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    The 12th exhibition season in a row is even more special than I imagined it would be.