Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HuskyFanPodcast: Colorado Review, UCLA Preview

http://traffic.libsyn.com/huskyfanpodcast/Nov3ColReview_UCLAPreview.mp3

Sorry, no music or highlight intro. A few minor technical difficulties.

Start out talking about defense against Colorado and then offense. Covered how much Shaq can help the offense. RoadDawg kills another promo. Big picture stuff about Petersen and if guys Sark coddled (Daniels, Ross, String, Kasen) are having trouble buying in. Then we talk about expectations for rest of the season. Then UCLA/Mora. Doog of the week & predictions.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Sorry, no music or highlight intro.

I'm fucking OUT

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Good poad.

Your mention of the coach's show reminded me of something I heard CP say yesterday that I thought was notable. Rondeau axxed him about running option and Petersen said something to the effect of, "Yeah, option is something we always had in the playbook. We didn't run it much with Kellen Moore, but even then we did occasionally to give a different look." That's a paraphrase, don't twist out here.

Anyhow, I'd been thinking all along this season that CP didn't have a history running option, but then it did job my memory. They did run it with Zabransky.

No real point I guess, other than option, not zone read, is my favorite style of football.

FYFMFE
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Happy to see RoadDawg give Hudson some well-deserved praise. He was slightly down on him earlier in the year but he's doing OK.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Happy to see RoadDawg give Hudson some well-deserved praise. He was slightly down on him earlier in the year but he's doing OK.

I did say he was just a guy. I wasn't very impressed with him earlier this year and after having a lost season in 2013, I was thinking he wasn't very good. He's really come on the past few weeks.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Hundley has had a good year. UW needs to harass him.
    Brett Hundley 191/269 71.0% 2245 yards 8.3y/attempt 93long 15TD 4INT 28sacks 156.5QB rating

Perkins vs Shaq
    Paul Perkins 170rushes 1071 yards 6.3avg 92long 6TD
    Shaq Thompson 45rushes 356 yards 7.9avg 57long 2TD

UCLA has averaged 45 rushes/game, UW 43 rushes/game = low scoring game.
    http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/team-stat/rushing-offense-category

21-17
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Which one of you farted at the 45:45 mark of the podcast? Admit it, I heard it!

Sharp ears man! I don't remember ripping one but the recording never lies. That was definitely me.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sharp ears man! I don't remember ripping one but the recording never lies. That was definitely me.
    Premium Content!
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

http://youtu.be/EZGNe7SSO8E
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Agree on the option - my preferred way of making the QB a running threat.

Time for some additional sponsors to cover the technical difficulties.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Option now, option tomorrow, option forever!
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    I hate to see what can only be described as fear in all of your predictions this week. Outside of Whoregon at the top and Colorado (Cuogs as well now) at the bottom, anything can happen

Dawgs rather easily, say 34-17. Except a late field goal screws up the sacred score making it 34-20

Suggested intro music, my roomie (former player) used to bump this album daily

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR5WTncD1VY
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Didn't I promise you 20 Sven bucks or some shit for a fart ripped live?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    brchco12 said:

after thinking on it, this is YBE

Great analysis of the game, the rest of the season, honest opinions about how things are going. minimal distractions or rabit trails. you all care and it shows.

These november games will define the season, hopefully we can #Finish

Thank you. I didn't think it was that good of a show. We were kind of ho-hum. The next couple weeks should be better since we are playing better opponents.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

brchco12 said:

Great analysis of the game, the rest of the season, honest opinions about how things are going. minimal distractions or rabit trails. you all care and it shows.

Thank you. I didn't think it was that good of a show. We were kind of ho-hum. The next couple weeks should be better since we are playing better opponents.
    What got you, altitude or start time?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

brchco12 said:

What got you, altitude or start time?
    Abundance.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club

brchco12 said:

I think ho-hum worked because you didn't need a script, you guys just talked. Often when its overly scripted its stiff and robotic and it seems the podcast discussion isn't what you anticipated when talking about it ahead of time.

thats why I think a couple of bare bones 20-30 minute poodcasts through the week would work better, allows the conversation to be relevant and you dont need to overproduce it.

but that's just my opinion #notapodcastsuperiorityguy