Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Peak Performance for a first year coach isn't 5 wins?

I was told... by non-Husky, Husky experts, 5 wins in the first year of a new coach is the most you can expect, really,but that "real" husky fans can spot the obvious upgrade anyway.

Now we're learning 6 wins casts a pall of doom that suggests we have the wrong guy coaching.

Comments

• CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

Funny. Petersen is going to cobble together 8 or 9 wins out of the piece of shit offense he was given. Doogs will hate him and still pop wood for the ex-coach who took five years to win 8 games.

This.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Anyone pining for Sark is a moron, but stop acting like Petersen has worked miracles to win the 6 games he has. All 6 of those teams have sucked.

For that matter, UW lost at home to two teams that suck.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited November 2014

Anyone pining for Sark is a moron, but stop acting like Petersen has worked miracles to win the 6 games he has. All 6 of those teams have sucked.

I never said that. He is however making changes that are improving the team and will continue to do so.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    But I do get your poont, @RoadDawg55
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

Which begs the question: Would El Siete be 6-3 right now with this personnel? I doubt it.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    TTJ said:

Which begs the question: Would El Siete be 6-3 right now with this personnel? I doubt it.
    Maybe he loses the Colorado game?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    TTJ said:

TTJ said:

Or Cal? EWU? Hawai'i? He'd probably have managed to fuck one of these up.
    Or instead of losing to asu, gets plunged.

Like the asu game. ;)
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    I *heart* when Dawg fans are fighting over the quality of the wins in a winning season.
  • SlocusSlocus Member Posts: 289
    TTJ said:

TTJ said:

Or all of them.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,561 Founders Club
    I'm firmly convinced UW is 3-6 or 4-5 under Sloppy Seven
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    edited November 2014
    TTJ said:

please to be remembering that according to eklundfs snark recrooted these quarterbacks to his system, so any of them would be in the hi-smen talk by now.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    TTJ said:

TTJ said:

I nearly got ran for saying Sark would not start the season 4-0.

He then left for SC ... and NostraTopdawg was unable to strut his shit.

I seriously doubt Sark beats EWU.
  • KenNDKenND Member Posts: 272
    topdawgnc said:

TTJ said:

TTJ said:

I nearly got ran for saying Sark would not start the season 4-0.

He then left for SC ... and NostraTopdawg was unable to strut his shit.

I seriously doubt Sark beats EWU.
    UW beat EWU by running the ball down their throat. There's no way in hell that Sark would have stuck with the run game. He'd have tried to get cute at some point, guaranteed.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    PETERMAN DIDN"T HAVE TO DEAL WITH 0-12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,156

I was told... by non-Husky, Husky experts, 5 wins in the first year of a new coach is the most you can expect.

Now we're learning 6 wins casts a pall of doom that suggests we have the wrong guy coaching.

If you are referring to the CUOGS, they are now saying Leech needs six years. I REALLY hope they give it to him.

OTOH, UW could win nine this year and it would be considered a step back from last year (obviously, it would involve five losses).