Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Peterman

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,529 Swaye's Wigwam
This fucking offense is a joke.

I'm fairly confident this team would be better with Sark running the show, at this point.

Fire Smith and run this shit yourself. It's not working. Nothing looks good.

L, R, R

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

I'm fairly confident this team would be better with Sark running the show, at this point.

L, R, R

Now you're just being a drunk.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,529 Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

L, R, R

Sark's offense never looked this fucktarded, especially at home.

It's literally making eyes bleed watching this playcalling
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

topdawgnc said:

L, R, R

I'm not a huge fan of the playcalling but it's only pissed me off a couple of times (pitch to Shaq on third and goal). I'm not really sure what you're supposed to call with this offense.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,529 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

L, R, R

I'm not a huge fan of the playcalling but it's only pissed me off a couple of times (pitch to Shaq on third and goal). I'm not really sure what you're supposed to call with this offense.

We never throw the ball down the fucking field. It's run, bubble screen, run, screen, etc.

I'd prefer to watch the triple option with lindquist by a LOT. Fuck, even Sark's shitty playcalling is a million times better than this
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

L, R, R

I was more pissed by the couple of times immediately before the pitch to Shaq. We had ASU gasping from for oxygen and let off the gas. The two previous plays were called in so slowly, ASU had nearly a minute to catch their breaths. Not a good time to be substituting players when the defense is gassed like they were. We were gashing them all the way down the field and then Smith fucks it up.
  • purpledoogfanpurpledoogfan Member Posts: 502

dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

L, R, R

We never throw the ball down the fucking field. It's run, bubble screen, run, screen, etc.

I'd prefer to watch the triple option with lindquist by a LOT. Fuck, even Sark's shitty playcalling is a million times better than this
    How the fuck did throwing the ball downfield work tonight? You don't call a long developing play with a 5-7 step drop against a team that blitzes 90% of the time. You look to get the ball out quickly and get it to your skill guys to make plays. That's football 101 fucko. This isn't even taking into account our dreck OL that can't block for shit.

Williams looked shaky and rattled in the pocket. Smith called quite a few plays to get the ball to Ross, Daniels, etc. but Williams didn't throw it and instead took a sack or ran for little to no gain. You can only call the plays to put your team in the right position to succeed. In the end its up to the players to execute and they obviously didn't do that tonight on offense.

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    To me, Smith gets a massive incomplete for a grade this season.

What this season proves to me is that you can't win much in this conference without a QB.

And forget about when Hogan plays reasonable, the reality is that if Hogan was above average as a QB, Stanford would be in the college football playoff.
  • purpledoogfanpurpledoogfan Member Posts: 502
    Tequilla said:

To me, Smith gets a massive incomplete for a grade this season.

What this season proves to me is that you can't win much in this conference without a QB.

And forget about when Hogan plays reasonable, the reality is that if Hogan was above average as a QB, Stanford would be in the college football playoff.

This has been known for a long time and its not just the Pac-12. Its college football in general.

Look at Florida, Michigan, Texas, Tennessee, and Missouri. They all have good to great defenses. The rosters are loaded with 4 and 5 star Elite 11 QB's. Problem is none of them can play worth of shit. Their struggling with throwing the ball and its negatively impacting the entire offense. Its costing them winnable games and that's why they all have average to below average records.

Is it that far of a stretch to think UW is in a similar situation? At least UW still has a winning record. Also we are the only school on that list who doesn't have a roster filled with 4 and 5 star talent along the OL, RB, WR, and TE.