Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The arrow is pointing up for UW. No really, it is.

2»

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Great post. Before you registered here, Ken, I posted extensively on the similarities between Sarkisian and Weis.

-- Both took over programs that the previous year had players 100% quit on Willingham
    -- Both road the coattails of an elite coach as an OC
    -- Both cheated when they were OCs at their respective schools (NE's Spygate, SC's LOIC)
    -- Both had never been a headcoach before
    -- Both never understood the emotions of CFB and weirdly had their teams celebrate winning and practice jumping around on the sidelines.
    -- Both milked a year 1 loss for years and years to doomers and doogs alike (Weis vs USC 2005 bush push game, Sark vs LSU 2009 week 1)
    -- Both had physically elite #10 QBs (Quinn and Locker) and propelled them to NFL draft-worthy status but both players subsequently plateaud and didn't pan out to anything in the NFL.
    -- Both fired their DCs after 2-3 years in an attempt to save their own asses.
    -- Both could recruit skill position guys but sucked at developing/recruiting the lines

The list goes on and on.
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301

That's a damn good analysis, seems to be many similarities. I hope you are correct, Sir. Good Shiite on this thread.

If Petersen can't bring us back to relevancy in 3-5 years, I don't think it can be done, and we will fade further into the Marinerization of Husky football. Let us pray to Jesus_H_Christ that Petersen can do it.

FTG
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,789
    When was the last time Notre LAME won a natty?!!

That's what I thought.
  • KenNDKenND Member Posts: 272
    PurpleJ said:

That's what I thought.

Another thing that ND and UW have in common. Excellent point.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,928
    edited October 2014
    KenND said:

PurpleJ said:

That's what I thought.

I am not above enjoying the misery of others. I do not apologize for it either.

And one of the best and more recent instances of that for me was watching ND get completely undressed in a title game they shouldn't have been in. It was even more sweet than 2000, when OSU clobber fucked them in a game they REALLY had no business being invited to.

But it wasn't done there. Their latest faggy "love this special player because he's so special and awesome" story, which they never seem to run out of, turns out to be a weirdo and a pathological liar who hasn't lived up to his draft slot. Still some rumors out there that he's a closet twink, which would be perfect if it were to develop.

Another black eye for Notre Dame. :)

KenND said:

PurpleJ said:

That's what I thought.

And one of the best and more recent instances of that for me was watching ND get completely undressed in a title game they shouldn't have been in. It was even more sweet than 2000, when OSU clobber fucked them in a game they REALLY had no business being invited to.

But it wasn't done there. Their latest faggy "love this special player because he's so special and awesome" story, which they never seem to run out of, turns out to be a weirdo and a pathological liar who hasn't lived up to his draft slot. Still some rumors out there that he's a closet twink, which would be perfect if it were to develop.

Why would you need to apologize for enjoying the pain of others? It's why I'm here on HH, after all.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    KenND said:

KenND said:

PurpleJ said:

That's what I thought.

Why would you need to apologize for enjoying the pain of others? It's why I'm here on HH, after all.

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Please explain how 2012 ND didn't deserve to be in the title game. I look forward to shredding your argument into little pieces.
    KenND said:

KenND said:

PurpleJ said:

That's what I thought.

well played.
    edited October 2014
    Gladstone said:

Please explain how 2012 ND didn't deserve to be in the title game. I look forward to shredding your argument into little pieces.

You talkin' to me?

Well, first, because they've had their table set so often in the past, what with free admission to bowl games they didn't belong in, they should have forfeited their first legitimate shot just for reparation.

Second, I don't like them.

Third, it took them 16 over-times to finally beat a 500 Pitt team that finished second to last in the weaker division of the worst conference in the BCS. They couldn't even beat Miami, which was and is on life support.

You couldn't shred chicken if I pressure cooked it for a week. But I will nonetheless enjoy watching you fumble around as you try to dismantle my fortress of logic and sound reasoning.
  • JaveJave Member Posts: 43

Brian Kelly is a good reference point. 8 wins, 8 wins, then 12 and a title game appearance. I also think year 3 will be when Petersen breaks through.

Yea that was a pretty impressive showing against Alabama.

Jave said:

Brian Kelly is a good reference point. 8 wins, 8 wins, then 12 and a title game appearance. I also think year 3 will be when Petersen breaks through.

Yea that was a pretty impressive showing against Alabama.

No matter how you slice it, getting hammered in the NC game is better than losing to Boise State in the Las Vegas bowl.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,789
    It's sad to see how far Notre Dame has fallen.
    PurpleJ said:

It's sad to see how far Notre Dame has fallen.

Agreed.