Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Another Week, Another Kasen Wank-Fest

H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
edited October 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I don't want to re-post Joodz "premium content" in case any of you fucktards can't figure out how to get around ST's non-subscriber impenetrable firewall, but here we are again with the same old tired discussion of Kasun and his lack of touches so far this season. It is an issue that is brought up every week ad nauseam, with no change. Coach Pete keeps saying that they need to find a way to get him more involved (move him around, put him at the slot, dress him in a chicken suit, etc) each week, but each week - no change. At this point do other teams even bother covering him?

blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfootball/

Is this going to be the same discussion after every game as he continues to be the most high-profile WR blocker in the history of UW whose only contribution is on the jump ball passes that get a PI call?

Is this a Kasun health issue, or a QB who can't (or won't) throw a pass to a WR that was previously a threat that defenses had to build a scheme specifically to cover?

Is Jood going to get to the bottom of this "mystery"?

Abundance?

Comments

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    At this point this is clear:

1.OKG system installed
    2.Drug tests are inforced
    3.Kasen et al. smoke dope.
    4. Kasen loses targets.
    5. Kasen becomes 5 star blocking extraordinaire.
    6. Profit?
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    MisterEm said:

1.OKG system installed
    4. Kasen loses targets.
    6. Profit?

Your list needs some work.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I'm sure that Kasen will have a Biletnikoff award-winning performance against Oregon State. #-o
  • Options
    haie said:

Kasen Williams and Jaydon Mickens are fucking overrated and suck when it matters. Could care less if they ride pine the rest of the year while converted runningbacks get their targets.

Would it matter?

If the QB can't anticipate the open windows and throw downfield with precision to a receiver who, while may not be open in a 10 yard bubble (due to a busted coverage or a failed blitz), is actually open. I'm talking about the passes that a Pac-12 QB should be able to make, then why does it matter who is the WR?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,580
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    H_D said:

haie said:

Kasen Williams and Jaydon Mickens are fucking overrated and suck when it matters. Could care less if they ride pine the rest of the year while converted runningbacks get their targets.

Would it matter?

If the QB can't anticipate the open windows and throw downfield with precision to a receiver who, while may not be open in a 10 yard bubble (due to a busted coverage or a failed blitz), is actually open. I'm talking about the passes that a Pac-12 QB should be able to make, then why does it matter who is the WR?
    Because I'd rather stab my eyes out then see another dropped Mickens pass, or see Mickens catch an out route on 3rd down where he broke 2 yards in front of the marker.
  • Options

I don't think I have ever seen Mickens do anything but make the routine play. I can't recall a single tough catch he has made.

Maybe he needs the Kearse majik lazer surgery.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I didn't realize how much I'd miss Kevin Smith. If only Sarkisian had redshirted him the season following his ACL tear in an Alamo Bowl practice.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    TheGlove said:

MisterEm said:

1.OKG system installed
    4. Kasen loses targets.
    6. Profit?

Your list needs some work.
    Not as much as the hussy football team needs.
  • Options
    H_D said:

haie said:

Would it matter?

Geography is not the only thing fucked up with this team. Good lord.
  • Options

I don't think I have ever seen Mickens do anything but make the routine play. I can't recall a single tough catch he has made.

Very pedestrian. Not what is needed in a skills (plural) position.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,438
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Ross is what I expected Mickens to be. The Sark Regression Theorem never fails.
  • Options

H_D said:

haie said:

Would it matter?

Geography is not the only thing fucked up with this team. Good lord.
    WAC?
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He deserves to be frozen out after punching Golden Tate before the big game last year.
  • Options
    DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Testing 1 First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Kasen Williams' parents read this bored. C'mon guys.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    H_D said:

Maybe he needs the Kearse majik lazer surgery.
    Possibly, but Kearse seemed to only make the big catches and drop the routine ones.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Ross is what I expected Mickens to be. The Sark Regression Theorem never fails.