Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chris Petersen on the recruiting stars system

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,232
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
"I don't think it's good for college football... There is so much disinformation in those stars that I can't even stand it."

Comments

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Disinformation? Don't say that! Where are all if the dipshits going to send their money?!
  • Options
    90sHuskyFan90sHuskyFan Member Posts: 215
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    But... Fatters and Kimmy say that those stars matter!! And with their extensive playing and coaching background they must be right. Sorry DJ (ILTCHDJ) but you and Coach Peterman are wrong on this one.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    If not for stars how will I know how erect I should be when we #woof! ?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,844
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

If not for stars how will I know how erect I should be when we #woof! ?

How erect did the Will Dissly commit make you? That should be the norm.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Wait, you're saying there is a vested interest is pumping up high schoolers who commit to bigger schools, who have bigger booster, with bigger fan bases, and potentially more $$$$$? Not possible
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    edited October 2014

"I don't think it's good for college football... There is so much disinformation in those stars that I can't even stand it."

Sounds too much like Aw Schucks up in Corntucky when he's explaining beating out Weber State for a long snapper.
  • Options
    beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes
    And when a school has a crappy class every fan and their mother dawg the ranking system, funny how that works
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    beelzebub said:

And when a school has a crappy class every fan and their mother dawg the ranking system, funny how that works

Sometimes obvious is obvious. Even a nacho loving transexual can see if a 17 year old is 6'4 running a 4.5 40 he has a chance to make noise and label him a 4-5 star. It's the intangibles, the unrecorded details that a talent evaluator either sees or doesn't that makes the difference.

Petersen harps on the psychology of it all and hates that blanket rankings of either 2,3,4, or 5 stars are driving the show at the developmental levels. Read between the lines, don't just stare at the cover.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Wait, you're saying there is a vested interest is pumping up high schoolers who commit to bigger schools, who have bigger booster, with bigger fan bases, and potentially more $$$$$? Not possible

• Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    I suppose there are many more things Petersen doesn't like, that I will like about him. Like, I suspect he doesn't like playing with house money. Fuck, I like this coach. Fucking right.

• Options
    90sHuskyFan90sHuskyFan Member Posts: 215
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    beelzebub said:

So... you're saying the Cougs whine like little bitches every year about the ranking system?

• Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    This is why the doogs wanted Sark to buttfuck them daily. The fags share a common interest for stars and sizzle and free pub;. Winning is secondary to Sending players to the nfl and putting up pretty stats. Gobbling each other's cocks over stars and offseason Nattys because that's all they have
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is why the doogs wanted Sark to buttfuck them daily. The fags share a common interest for stars and sizzle and free pub;. Winning is secondary to Sending players to the nfl and putting up pretty stats. Gobbling each other's cocks over stars and offseason Nattys because that's all they have

Except Petersen's Boise St. has more players in the NFL than Washington.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,992
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Dardanus said:

Passion said:

Disinformation? Don't say that! Where are all if the dipshits going to send their money?!

Looks like a money grab to me.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,992
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

This is why the doogs wanted Sark to buttfuck them daily. The fags share a common interest for stars and sizzle and free pub;.Winning is secondary to Sending players to the nfl and putting up pretty stats. Gobbling each other's cocks over stars and offseason Nattys because that's all they have

Stars and sizzle and free pub are easy. Winning is hard and Seven doesn't have what it takes to win consistently. He understood this fan base is like a battered spouse and would love the FREE PUB while tolerating mediocrity.