Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Shane Brostek...

Coach Strausser confirmed today that they are attempting to redshirt Brostek if everything goes to plan. I know several on here had axed about him, glad to see they don't hate him.

Comments

• MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    I figured they either hated him or he was redshirting. Glad to see confirmation.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    I guess this means we redshirt and develop players at Church School. REAL God must like players to get better.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    dnc said:

Such bullshit. Everyone knows a few snaps in a blowout while your teammates are doing the lawnmower on the sidelines are far more valuable to a player's development than a redshirt year. Someone should tell Peterman this isn't the fucking Mountain West.

I see Franny stopped by with your meds.

Welcome back to the darkside, ya bearded cunt.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    dnc said:

Such bullshit. Everyone knows a few snaps in a blowout while your teammates are doing the lawnmower on the sidelines are far more valuable to a player's development than a redshirt year. Someone should tell Peterman this isn't the fucking Mountain West a fucking church school.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,424 Swaye's Wigwam

DHD said:

Don't forget ... Brostek not only floundered as an OL under Sark, but he also got a chance or two to get steam-rolled on the d-line just for shits and giggles as well.

Now THAT my friends is player fucking development!

Brostek on the D-Line: Never Forget.

ASJ on the D-Line: You've got to be fucking kidding me.
    I forgot about that. Jesus fucking Christ.

• RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Bruns still got to red shirt. And we was not that good anyway.

It's almost like football is the ultimate team game, and his record setting high school numbers were because of his quarterback, and not because of him.
  • VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    I think Peterman evaluated Shane and came to the conclusion that if the kid finally received some decent coaching, a year of it as a red shirt, his potential would be realized. So many great talents wasted away under Sark and Tyrone.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Ducre, Parker and Kevin Smith really hurt the most. Smith should have been RS in 2012 which gave Sark a reprieve to RS him after playing him in 2011 when we already had tons of WRs. Parker is debatable. Still, could have returned 10/11 starters from a top 20 defense.

Petersen won't make the same mistake- playing true freshman for the hell of it…he'll play guys that are needed and/or are good enough. Guys like Vita Vea, McGary, Jaylen Johnson will be beasts by the end of their RS soph years.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    Ah hem. . . it speaks to the potential of Brostek that Peterman is granting him a redshirt year and wants him around. Most of 7's players get shipped or graduate.

I believe this to be the point.