Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ASJ's statement to the press

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Great lawyerspeak as always.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm not letting him off the hook so easily.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    He shouldn't be suspended from any games because Oregon cheats and they got away with it.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We have a team of high character guys
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I love that Doogs keep saying he should be suspended for a game.

Why? Good programs find a way to punish a kid without hurting the team.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Plenty of doogs arguing the other side of that one too.

IMO, he should be suspended for a game.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I agree with one game, but I won't complain if it is only a half or even a couple of series.

I think the best doog argument is, "He is serving one day in jail. That is enough punishment." So any player that gets sent to jail should be welcomed back with open arms because they have been punished enough? It's a ridiculous argument.
  • Options

Was Darren Thomas suspended when he was in the car in the famous "we smoked it all" ?

ASJ should only miss a series if not a quarter. Missing the whole game is stupid.

Although Sark knows our fans are dumb so he might suspend ASJ for the game so he has a built in excuse if UW loses.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam

I agree with one game, but I won't complain if it is only a half or even a couple of series.

I think the best doog argument is, "He is serving one day in jail. That is enough punishment." So any player that gets sent to jail should be welcomed back with open arms because they have been punished enough? It's a ridiculous argument.
    He's been suspended since the incident, serving a day in jail and the odds of beating Boise probably decrease if he's not playing so if Sark cares about his job than he should be playing by the end of the first quarter.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I got a lot of mileage out of Bellotti suspending Ontario Smith for the first half of the Utah State game. Early signs of the duck's seriousness about football early this decade. Id prefer sark thinking he has to beat Boise and not suspending Rastafarian. Fuck it, its just football. Does the fag in the band (hi mellow) (75,000) get suspended for a DUI? I have a real problem with sports or football as some fucking morality play.
  • Options

I got a lot of mileage out of Bellotti suspending Ontario Smith for the first half of the Utah State game. Early signs of the duck's seriousness about football early this decade. Id prefer sark thinking he has to beat Boise and not suspending Rastafarian. Fuck it, its just football. Does the fag in the band (hi mellow) (75,000) get suspended for a DUI? I have a real problem with sports or football as some fucking morality play.

Shit Marshawn Lynch got a DUI last offseason and still hasn't missed one snap because of it.

Stevens did way worse than ASJ and he missed one half. UW's offense was sucking that half so Rick made the right decision to put him back in. You know back when winning games at UW fucking mattered.

I do love how Sark is turning exactly into Rick without the Rose Bowl. Once again the HHB's were wrong and the dawgman fags(75,000) were wrong. Same guys who ripped on Rick during the Ty era now love Sark. You can't make this shit up.
  • Options
    section8 said:

He's been suspended since the incident, serving a day in jail and the odds of beating Boise probably decrease if he's not playing so if Sark cares about his job than he should be playing by the end of the first quarter.
    I think Sark cares about his job but his ASJ decision says a lot of how much pressure he feels he is under.

I'll get this out of the way at a real school he'd already been fired. If ASJ is suspended the entire game then Sark must feel from the higher ups his job is so safe that he can afford to drop the Boise game.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club
    I'd say ASJ suspension is a built in excuse i.e. "we can have character OR be winners" (they dont believe in an AND world)
  • Options
    brchco12 said:

I'd say ASJ suspension is a built in excuse i.e. "we can have character OR be winners" (they dont believe in an AND world)

It's too bad Damone isn't there to give them the And speech.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

brchco12 said:

It's too bad Damone isn't there to give them the And speech.
    Why do you hate NEITHER?
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Sorry, but I'm not certain a 6'-6", 266# TE who allowed himself to be knocked down by a sucker-punch from a scrawny sodbuster when sauntering off the field after the end of the 2012 apple cup......... would be missed if he was suspended for the BSU game or for the entire season.
    ASJ seemed to struggle or disappear at times in games last season and could it be that we now know at least part of the reason why? I don't wish to imply that the guy is soft and stupid......... but really!

Sark has other tight ends who presumably want to play and I would prefer that ASJ be there as a fully active and eligible member of the 2013 Husky offense on the very first day of preseason practices.......... so that the staff can run his fat temporally stupid ass into the ground and find out just how serious the kid is about playing football in the manner he was given a valuable scholarship to do. I'm all for using football as leverage to put a kid on the straight-and-narrow, but only on the practice field with extra drill and hard work, not by suspension for any portion of even one game so that we can see his worthless ass standing on the sideline.

If ASJ has to be suspended by team or UW rules or to satisfy The Seattle Times for even one play, I say run him out of the program so he can take the year off before going to the NFL. Husky Football doesn't need student-athletes hanging around being stupid. I would prefer that ASJ play and pay dearly for the privilege on the practice field. And by the way, depending on how his case evolves, KW might need the same treatment.

• Options
    TMacDawgTMacDawg Member Posts: 161
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tailgater said:

Sorry, but I'm not certain a 6'-6", 266# TE who allowed himself to be knocked down by a sucker-punch from a scrawny sodbuster when sauntering off the field after the end of the 2012 apple cup......... would be missed if he was suspended for the BSU game or for the entire season.
    ASJ seemed to struggle or disappear at times in games last season and could it be that we now know at least part of the reason why? I don't wish to imply that the guy is soft and stupid......... but really!

Sark has other tight ends who presumably want to play and I would prefer that ASJ be there as a fully active and eligible member of the 2013 Husky offense on the very first day of preseason practices.......... so that the staff can run his fat temporally stupid ass into the ground and find out just how serious the kid is about playing football in the manner he was given a valuable scholarship to do. I'm all for using football as leverage to put a kid on the straight-and-narrow, but only on the practice field with extra drill and hard work, not by suspension for any portion of even one game so that we can see his worthless ass standing on the sideline.

If ASJ has to be suspended by team or UW rules or to satisfy The Seattle Times for even one play, I say run him out of the program so he can take the year off before going to the NFL. Husky Football doesn't need student-athletes hanging around being stupid. I would prefer that ASJ play and pay dearly for the privilege on the practice field. And by the way, depending on how his case evolves, KW might need the same treatment.

• Options
    Tailgater said:

This has to be a whoosh. Harv?