Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

China Goes "Full Fed"

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Standard Supporter
Their stimulus back in early 2009 was smaller than the USA's "stimulus" but as a percentage of GDP, it was actually larger. That was over 5 years ago and now some of those loans are coming due or the jobs created by the housing construction and infrastructure spending have largely dissipated.

confoundedinterest.wordpress.com/2014/09/16/china-goes-full-fed-with-81-4-billion-of-liquidity-u-s-stocks-up-0-8/

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    HFNY said:

Their stimulus back in early 2009 was smaller than the USA's "stimulus" but as a percentage of GDP, it was actually larger. That was over 5 years ago and now some of those loans are coming due or the jobs created by the housing construction and infrastructure spending have largely dissipated.

confoundedinterest.wordpress.com/2014/09/16/china-goes-full-fed-with-81-4-billion-of-liquidity-u-s-stocks-up-0-8/

this is such a non-story.

All China has to do is 1. Extend the loans due to special circumstances. 2. Issue short term debt instruments to make loans current along with a reserve that guarantees timely payments for the next year. China re-issues new long term bonds at a good interest rate. Russia buys the bonds and backs them with energy reserves. No default. High yielding, asset backed, petrol dollar replacement. Issued and used heretofore to all who choose to enter the 'trade alliance'.

... and Goldman writes derivatives and traders gonna trade... OPM... same as it ever was.

yawn.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Yes, that could work but for how long? It sure seems like China is following the USA down the Keynesian rabbit hole.

Simply in terms of demographics, Russia's population has been declining (vodka infused sperm don't swim well) and China's working age population peaked in 2010. 2015 and beyond is really where the hurt begins as workers become dependents on the government (health care and retirement benefits) yet due to the 1 child policy, there are far fewer people paying into the system.

HFNY said:

this is such a non-story.

All China has to do is 1. Extend the loans due to special circumstances. 2. Issue short term debt instruments to make loans current along with a reserve that guarantees timely payments for the next year. China re-issues new long term bonds at a good interest rate. Russia buys the bonds and backs them with energy reserves. No default. High yielding, asset backed, petrol dollar replacement. Issued and used heretofore to all who choose to enter the 'trade alliance'.

... and Goldman writes derivatives and traders gonna trade... OPM... same as it ever was.

yawn.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I like Chinese food and women
  • Options
    Those that control the resources get a say so, yes?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Resources as in Chinese food and women? Or oil and nat gas?

China beats the USA on the first but due to the fracking revolution, the USA is now the biggest oil and natural gas producer in the world.
  • Options
    Fracking is a short term, ugly 'solution' to our energy needs. It is like a slow moving cancer growing across America with no staying power.

Russia, Iran and others will supply China with all the energy they need
  • Options
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

China beats the USA on the first but due to the fracking revolution, the USA is now the biggest oil and natural gas producer in the world.

China does NOT beat the USA in quality of women, stop smoking crushed rhino horn
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Fracking is one of the only things keeping the US Economy afloat and it has created tens of thousands of good paying jobs, jobs that have actually increased employees' real median incomes and purchasing power.

Granted, I drive a Ford Fusion Energi (getting 73.6 mpgs, thank you) and will be putting solar panels on my house in the next month or two.

And if I'm China, I'm not worried about obtaining energy; I'm worried about my demographics, resulting slower growth, and the shadow banking system.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Fracking is a short term, ugly 'solution' to our energy needs. It is like a slow moving cancer growing across America with no staying power.

You have no fucking idea what you are talking about
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Haha, I meant that China beats the USA in having more Chinese women and more Chinese food.

Very few countries have the variety of women and food we have in the good ol' US of A. We have long-legged beauties like Kate Upton and Jennifer Lawrence down to spinners like Eva Longoria and Scarlet Johansson.

HFNY said:

China does NOT beat the USA in quality of women, stop smoking crushed rhino horn
  • Options

Perhaps you should get your energy information from a source other than the Obama campaign?

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Natural-Gas/Shells-American-Woes-Highlight-Difficulty-of-Cracking-Shale.html

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

Haha, I meant that China beats the USA in having more Chinese women and more Chinese food.

Very few countries have the variety of women and food we have in the good ol' US of A. We have long-legged beauties like Kate Upton and Jennifer Lawrence down to spinners like Eva Longoria and Scarlet Johansson.

You're doing it wrong.
  • Options
    yeah... well... I bet she didn't have hair like that till she moved here from Shanghai.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    The Obama Campaign? You mean Obama's Perpetual Campaign that is blocking O&NG pipelines and giving away taxpayer money to Crony Capitalists like Solyndra and A123?

But at least the planet is "healing"!!1!!!1@!!!!11

https://youtube.com/watch?v=I0tuAJkbUWU

MSNBC: Lean Douche

Perhaps you should get your energy information from a source other than the Obama campaign?

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Natural-Gas/Shells-American-Woes-Highlight-Difficulty-of-Cracking-Shale.html

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Good point. Is this guy doing it right? image

HFNY said:

You're doing it wrong.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

The Obama Campaign? You mean Obama's Perpetual Campaign that is blocking O&NG pipelines and giving away taxpayer money to Crony Capitalists like Solyndra and A123?

But at least the planet is "healing"!!1!!!1@!!!!11

https://youtube.com/watch?v=I0tuAJkbUWU

MSNBC: Lean Douche

HFNY - 100, Sarktastic - -81
  • Options
    if you'd like I can hook you up with direct investment into oil tracking. I'm told it's the easiest money you'll ever make.