Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Great Moments from the Husky Time Capsule: Washington vs. USC

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302 Swaye's Wigwam
edited July 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageGreat Moments from the Husky Time Capsule: Washington vs. USC

It's true, the rivalry between Washington and USC lost much of its luster in the past decade. But historically, the Huskies and Trojans have had many hard-hitting battles. The 1991 game in Los Angeles was one such affair.

Read the full story here

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club
    What does this have to do with Tim Tebow?
  • DonLosDonLos Member Posts: 17
    I was in an O club in Danang in 1972. Butkis was in Danang at the same time as part of some USO tour. He came in the club with a group of civilians. It pissed me off. I didn't recognize him or any of the "celebrities" he was with. I walked over to the group and told them civilians had no business in the club and told them to get out.

Butkis introduced himself and gave me and autograph, "to the only man I've ever backed down from in a bar."
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,248 Founders Club

nothing at all.. but you've just given me an idea for a series of articles... "Great Moments from the Tim Tebow Time Capsule"
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    edited July 2013

nothing at all.. but you've just given me an idea for a series of articles... "Great Moments from the Tim Tebow Time Capsule"
    fixed

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

Race just needs more Tim is all.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    I attended that 1991 UW-USC game in the Coliseum and it was tense. Like coach Hart, I couldn't relax until the final gun. I believe it was UW's toughest win in that undefeated season, even tougher than the win at CAL which is often termed the closest the 1991 Huskies came to defeat. UW still owned CAL in football back then while beating the Trojans in L.A. was a whole different kind of challenge. As for Hoffman, his individual performance in the Coliseum against USC that year was I think the best we saw him have in his Husky career and I don't recall that he ever had a bad game.
  • huskiefanhuskiefan Member Posts: 1
    I was at the 1991 game. I remember late in the game a USC receiver caught a ball while in the endzone, but the ball didn;t cross over. So they settled a FG and we held on. USC gained exactly ZERO yards in the 4th quarter. I do remember thinking if they had made the score 14-7, it would have been a real tense last few minutes.......
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Stop living in the past.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    Misty water colored memories. Of the way we were....
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,248 Founders Club
    Can it be that it was all so simple then?
    Or has time re-written every line?
    If we had the chance to do it all again
    Tell me, would we? could we?
    The way we were...
    The way we were...
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    For some reason I wasn't expecting the story about Randy Hart end with Hart getting his headphones slapped off his head. And to be honest, I didn't like it. In my mind it was going to end with them coming to their senses and stop fucking around and realize shit can happen in two minutes. Say something about players with the heart of a champion are all business until the final second. Not actually hit a coach and giggle.