Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Helfrich, Frost and Pellum. Your thoughts on the coaching staff so far?

Great early season win. The offense looked crisper and less sloppy than last year. Defense was stout. Not many stupid, unnecessary penalties in this game. If the team can stay healthy and the coaching staff can overcome Oregon's late season demons (Stanford and the tendency to sputter out in November), getting Oregon to the playoffs, Helfrich and crew may just earn an extra serving of taters.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2014
    Receivers look great
    Tyner was a dreck last week. Success is dependent on Freeman getting the bulk of the carries
    Outside of Joe Walker, our interior linebackers are shit, especially Malone.
    Dior Mathis blows, but at least Hill has been a pleasant surprise
    In the end, if Mariotta is healthy this is a 11-12 win team. If Mariotta goes down, 10 wins would be over achieving
    Coaching: Pellum showed a great adjustment in the second half last week. The play calling offensively still sucks.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Malone looks lost on the field

Mathis showed flashes, but yeah

Freeman gives us a between-the-tackles threat which enables us to truly spread the field.

Devon Allen is fucking awesome

Keanon Lowe looks good

Marshall feels like a slot reciever to me now

Whoever came in for Andre Y did a good job

OL is solid

Armstead disrupted a lot of plays - he's starting to reach his potential as a DL

Ifo - best player on the field

Mariota is the man. The Heisman is his for the taking
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

Malone looks lost on the field

Mathis showed flashes, but yeah

Freeman gives us a between-the-tackles threat which enables us to truly spread the field.

Devon Allen is fucking awesome

Keanon Lowe looks good

Marshall feels like a slot reciever to me now

Whoever came in for Andre Y did a good job

OL is solid

Armstead disrupted a lot of plays - he's starting to reach his potential as a DL

Ifo - best player on the field

Mariota is the man. The Heisman is his for the taking

Sounds like you're saying the players did it all and the coaching doesn't matter.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    I think Pellum is way too passive so far with the athletes he has. If your linebackers can't stone anyone straight up, which they can't, then fucking use them! Having to switch to a Cover 2 so Ifo can make all the plays is garbage. Luckily there is no one in this league than can both run and pass really well so it won't matter.

The WR coach has been awesome so far in designing the passing game. There have been tons of route combos that leave someone uncovered up the field against both opponents. His WR's are already better than anything Frost ever put on the field and these guys are mostly freshman. Great hire by Slingblade. The run game has been mediocre in my eyes both by design and performance. The talk about the wealth of talent in the backfield, but outside of Royce Freeman it has been dancing and stupid plays. Honestly I don't think very highly of Scott Frost. I'm ready for him to take a head job at a shit school and disappear, which he will.

Helf is a head coach with a Run, Pass, D, and ST Coordinator. It's hard to really tell what impact he has good or bad. Recruiting is going great, so I will give him credit for that. Next year without Mariota we'll see what happens. We all thought Mike Bellotti was Jesus until Ted and Joey Hamilton (another e-Duck classic) left.