Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

First thing I'd do is move Shaq to safety and move king to the weight room, and permanently keep

drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
edited September 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
Baker at safety. Replace Shaq's LB position with Victor or Bierria. Ross, mickens and hall would get serious looks at CB. This back end of the defense needs some serious help. Then the fucking cushion would be eliminated by the DBs. The BUCK position FUCKING gets replaced by the DE position. I think Shaq is playing out of his eventual position in the NFL.

Comments

• PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,468
    Agree, Shaw a safety if he improves his coverage skills.
  • drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804

First thing I would do is blitz Kikaha almost every down. Fucking ridiculous to drop your best pass rusher as much as we did. Same thing with having him jam the slot receiver before playing in the flats. Stop rushing three. The Hudson's will never beat a double team and get to the QB. And for fuck's sake, use Feeney as a blitzer and spy. He can run down QB's and has shown to be good at blitzing for three years, but rarely gets used in that role. Use Littleton as a pass rusher too. He started to show up last year, then disappeared with the new staff. Then I keep working find the 4 best DB's. Kelly's job is up for grabs as are both safety spots. I thought Jones the freshman looked the bets corner after Peters. He might deserve more time.

You can't just move Shaq to safety after he hasn't played it in a few years. Maybe with a Spring Ball and Fall Camp, but not in the middle of the season. This isn't a video game.

Seemed like his RB skills haven't diminished.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    droggins said:

First thing I would do is blitz Kikaha almost every down. Fucking ridiculous to drop your best pass rusher as much as we did. Same thing with having him jam the slot receiver before playing in the flats. Stop rushing three. The Hudson's will never beat a double team and get to the QB. And for fuck's sake, use Feeney as a blitzer and spy. He can run down QB's and has shown to be good at blitzing for three years, but rarely gets used in that role. Use Littleton as a pass rusher too. He started to show up last year, then disappeared with the new staff. Then I keep working find the 4 best DB's. Kelly's job is up for grabs as are both safety spots. I thought Jones the freshman looked the bets corner after Peters. He might deserve more time.

You can't just move Shaq to safety after he hasn't played it in a few years. Maybe with a Spring Ball and Fall Camp, but not in the middle of the season. This isn't a video game.

Totally the same thing.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Agree about moving shaq to safety
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    Kikaha is a DE. Fuck the BUCK.

Shaq would be an enforcer at SS. We have some good young LBers to replace him.

King and Baker will be ballers. Not sure about this year though. Lost right now.
    Did anyone notice anything good about our interior D not named Danny Shelton? I didn't notice one other guy do much of anything...did I miss something?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited September 2014
    droggins said:

That's kind of the poont, he's been getting RB reps for months.

Not to mention at RB he only needs to know a fraction of the playbook for them to run for him and only needs a portion of the RB skills (running, basically) to be an occasional weapon, whereas if you start him at safety he needs to learn the whole playbook for the position and have all the skills sharpened for the position.

I was all for moving him to safety in the offseason, but it's too late now.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    droggins said:

Baker at safety. Replace Shaq's LB position with Victor or Bierria. Ross, mickens and hall would get serious looks at CB. This back end of the defense needs some serious help. Then the fucking cushion would be eliminated by the DBs. The BUCK position FUCKING gets replaced by the DE position. I think Shaq is playing out of his eventual position in the NFL.

Let me know when you get to 94-12 as a head coach.

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    I think we should just play 6 linebackers since our safeties are worthless. Removing them from the field is a big win for the program.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    droggins said:

Well Mo Shaw never had skills to erode. And im sure he used all eligibility
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Jesus Fucking Christ.

I'll leave the personnel decisions to the guy who is 95-12 ...

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Did anyone notice anything good about our interior D not named Danny Shelton? I didn't notice one other guy do much of anything...did I miss something?

Qualls did well in limited action, recording a sack that was negated by a penalty.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,332 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2014

droggins said:

Let me know when you get to 94-12 as a head coach.

This
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    edited September 2014
    Shaq won't play LB in the nfl. He has great closing speed....the secondary is what it is. King and beaver are liabilities. Shaq is a playmaker and gives you a big time hitter in the back end.

No brainier. They have depth at LB.
    jecornel said:

Shaq won't play LB in the nfl. He has great closing speed....the secondary is what is. King and beaver are liabilities. Shaq is a playmaker and gives you a big time hitter in the back end.

No brainier. They have depth at LB.

I think King will wind up being a player. But not this year.