Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Back up the truck

If Bandes, Valdez, and Sagapoulo are all gone after 2024, this guy could likely start in 2025 at 0 / 1 tech:

Comments

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,839 Founders Club

He will end up at Oregon, Mississippi, Tennessee, USC, Texas, Texas AM or Ohio State. Those schools seem to have the deepest portal pockets. UW will pull in a couple Big Sky or MW tackles to pair with the two Parkers, Kahn, Butler and Davis. Three of those dudes can't stay healthy so they may need three or four bodies to get through a full season.

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,647

I think D. Lynch has another season.

But how about we pass around the hat here to bring Oatis?

• ukdawgukdawg Member Posts: 41

The sport is full retard now. People really want us to stop caring. All of this bullshit about illegally paying players in the past being shady and unknowable, it's fuckin' legal now and more shady and unknowable than ever. Nobody knows shit, except that big money schools are spending big money and if you ain't one of them - buckle the fuck up. But it's all heresay, and now there are essentially no scholarship limits as well? Before scholarship limits, Alabama used to take guys just to Auburn wouldn't get them, that will continue - and not in our favor.

If fucking Oregon buys themselves a National Title I'll be so grossed out that I'm not sure what I will do with my fandom. Shit needs to change, and even if it does it won't happen fast enough to stop this bullshit.

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,377 Swaye's Wigwam

Is this satire?

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,627
    1. Your best player in your lifetime was a mercenary
    2. Holden is a head case but that was his first ejection ever, I’m pretty sure. What other two Oregon games did he get ejected from? Or did you see this article and have serious reading comprehension issues #academis

https://apnews.com/article/traeshon-holden-oregon-ohio-state-8c6fd6aa20450e2a79c3f6a2d91cae85

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,055 Standard Supporter

You're friend is spot on. You will need an elite level qb probably to compete with teams that will buy the best roster every year because we will never do that.

I don't fault the kids for taking the money at all and jumping from program to program, but it will flip the sport upside down to an extent.

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,957 Swaye's Wigwam

I came into this season with no care. I have even less now, since Ive apparently become a fair weather fan. I agonized over every game during the Gilby-Ty years but can't seem to find any fucks to give now.

"I never thought I could feel this way and I've got to say that I just don't get it. Something, something...the feeling is gone and I just can't get it back."

NIL and the portal seem to have killed my love for football. I've been watching playoff baseball games I don't care about while college football is on, which is a first for me. I surfed other channels during the UW game Saturday and left to play golf while the game was still in doubt.

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,320

You need to be selective regardless. Saban said it best, "If you don't pay the right guys, you'll be shit outta luck."

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,957 Swaye's Wigwam

Im not saying that DNC is a slime creature who killed and absorbed the life force of multiple children, kittens and puppy dogs in order take shape and return. I'm just saying that it would be foolish to dismiss that possibility.

• HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,293
    edited October 15

Mother fuckers get free education while they rep for their U.

Allow additional $ for living expenses, that should be more than enough.

But no, NCAA fucking ruined college football and soon the rest of collegiate sports.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,070 Founders Club

I’ve had this thought more than once during the season while watching ATM, Ole Miss, tOSU and Oregon. CFB needs a salary cap. I don’t know what the cap should be but there needs to be one and then schools can decide how to navigate it. Without it, some of these schools will simply rely on their respective Phil Knights to buy players and possibly even championships.

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,839 Founders Club

I’ve been saying for two years that the players need to unionize and there needs to be an agreed upon compensation package, minimum wage and/or salary cap. 10 million dollar cap, 4 million goes to a base salary to the 85 man roster of 50,000. Then you get 6 million to divide amongst your stars. The two sides could come to an agreement on transfer rules. God knows the sport and fans need that. The cream of the crop players won’t want this but players 15-85 will because most of them don’t make shit. The lawsuits could finally end and everyone could get back to making money, the field would be somewhat leveled and secret coffee cups stuffed with cash would be en vogue again.