Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hang the banner

whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,591 Standard Supporter

For the exercise, we used resumes and results from the 2023 season, through conference championship games. That meant we were evaluating Michigan, Washington, Florida State, Alabama and Georgia right after their league title games. Yes, we hotly debated the Seminoles’ inclusion, and, somewhat humorously, our final vote ended up matching the actual selection committee’s. The biggest difference between our ranking and the actual committee’s was that we went with Washington as the No. 1 overall seed

https://www.nbcsports.com/college-football/news/college-football-playoff-selection-committee-media-mock-exercise-florida-state-alabama-michigan-texas

Getting one more win against the Ducks would have been fun

Comments

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,156

i didnt read the article, i never read the articles because i dont eat paste, but michigan was the 5 seed? fsu was the 3 seed?

but why is sports media dying?

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,591 Standard Supporter

They did a 2024 rules and 2024 conference affiliations using the 2023 post conference champ game resumes, and the mock committee decided we* were ranked ahead of Mich.

And since only conference champs can be top 4, #2 ranked Michigan became the 5 seed.

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,486 Standard Supporter

Automatic rules for winning the conference championship need to die in a fire. Ofc still weight it. UGA was probably the best team in the nation last year.