Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This will be an interesting week

First game, new coach. Even though the opponent is weak, we will learn a lot about the new Dawgs this week. We will dominate both lines; the D will score at least once.

UW 38
Hawaii 10

Also:

WSU faces a program much like themselves; a program that will always struggle for bowl eligibility in a power conference. We will learn a lot about the cougs on Thursday.

Colorado plays Colorado State. Is Colorado improved at all?

Arizona plays UNLV. They crushed them last year. Does UA take a step back without Carey and Denker?

Cal vs Northwestern. Are the Bears any better?

And finally, Sark gets to play Fresno, a dangerous, well coached mid-major. This could be very interesting!

Comments

• Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Re: the Puppies, I want to see two things: disciplined play (assignments, few penalties, generally good execution) and how both lines play (does the DL collapse the pocket, can the OL force HI to have to blitz to get any pressure).

I think the Dawgs have a skill position advantage, so against "lesser" competition, i want to see a distinct improvement in the previously mentioned areas.
  • Options
    AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

First game, new coach. Even though the opponent is weak, we will learn a lot about the new Dawgs this week. We will dominate both lines; the D will score at least once.

UW 38
    Hawaii 10

Also:

WSU faces a program much like themselves; a program that will always struggle for bowl eligibility in a power conference. We will learn a lot about the cougs on Thursday.

Arizona plays UNLV. They crushed them last year. Does UA take a step back without Carey and Denker?

And finally, Sark gets to play Fresno, a dangerous, well coached mid-major. This could be very interesting!

Or it won't be. I'm glad football will be back, but those games are terrible. UW will destroy Hawaii. Who gives a fuck about WSU or Rutgers? At best, they are both mediocre 7 win teams. Arizona will beat UNLV. That's a shitty game and UNLV sucks. Cal is going to be terrible again. USC blew out Fresno State when they had Carr and the good WR. That's a shitty game as well.
    I haven't read the Hardcore rules carefully. Is there some requirement that every post has to be sarcastic, negative, and/or sophomoric?
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Fuck off auburn. Did u post this on dawgman too?
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

UW 38
    Hawaii 10

Also:

Or it won't be. I'm glad football will be back, but those games are terrible. UW will destroy Hawaii. Who gives a fuck about WSU or Rutgers? At best, they are both mediocre 7 win teams. Arizona will beat UNLV. That's a shitty game and UNLV sucks. Cal is going to be terrible again. USC blew out Fresno State when they had Carr and the good WR. That's a shitty game as well.
    I haven't read the Hardcore rules carefully. Is there some requirement that every post has to be sarcastic, negative, and/or sophomoric?
    Paging @IrishDawg22‌.....
  • Options
    AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

UW 38
    Hawaii 10

Also:

RD actually gave you a good response for around here. I would have just said FUCK OFF.
    Exactly.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2014
    Auburn can't post his thoughts regarding ACTUAL football talk? Fuck off you gaybobs. Let the guy talk some football ffs.

I need your thoughts on the SEC GotW, though.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I don't really mind dipping my big toe in the water to start the season but Hawaii is certainly nothing to get excited about. I would be far more interested if the next game was a decent foe and the Rainbows were simply the walk-through where Peterman gets to see what damage he can do with his new toy. At very best we get to experience a preseason schedule where I'm not to concerned that a fuckup coach might lose winnable games to inferior foes - first time in over a decade I feel comfortable saying that. Which is nice I guess.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,889
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Week one is notorious for bad matchups. The Pac 12 ones listed actually aren't real bad, I.e. no "FCS" dreck. Fresneck/SC might be okay.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

UW 38
    Hawaii 10

Also:

Disagree
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It'll be interesting, or it won't. It'll be interesting whether it's interesting or not...or not. That will be interesting too.

It'll be interesting to infinity...or not...to infinity. Either way that will be interesting.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UCLA playing Virginia at 9 am on the road is much more interesting than any of those games. Virginia isn't that good, but at least UCLA is playing a BCS opponent on the road. That game will tell you more than any of the other shitty Pac 12 games.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

UW 38
    Hawaii 10

Also:

Must say, I'm surprised Boobs hasn't flagged your poast yet for insinuating the season starts on Saturday. Probably hasn't read it yet.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Its a 13 9 game season. One week does not mean much. As fans we make a big deal out of what happened that week. We could win 50-7 and go 9-4. Or we could win 31-13 and get better every week and be 12-2. Same thing with all the other teams.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,474

Its a 13 9 game season. One week does not mean much. As fans we make a big deal out of what happened that week. We could win 50-7 and go 9-4. Or we could win 31-13 and get better every week and be 12-2. Same thing with all the other teams.

Cal is way too high.
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    September 27th can't get here soon enough.