Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What is KISS most iconic album cover? Your favorite?

El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,167 Swaye's Wigwam

For myself my favorite is Love Gun most iconic is Destroyer. My mom hated KISS and didn’t want me to have their albums in the house. My dad knew it was all a gimmick and they were just guys dressed like clowns playing music. So, my dad’s younger brothers, my uncles allowed me to listen to their KISS albums.

Music from The Elder was a cover that really threw me off. And at the time I hated it. But now I have come to really appreciate Music from The Elder and love it

Anything after Lick It Up was crap. That is when I gave up on KISS.

Comments

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,325 Swaye's Wigwam

I think Destroyer as well.

Went to Gene Simmons' bar / dining establishment in El Segundo, not bad. Also I think he bought a place in Pierce County to avoid income taxes.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,350 Founders Club

Even Lick It Up wasn't very good.

I was beyond thrilled when I got my grubby hands on KISS ALIVE II album as an 11-year old. It is still my favorite cover. Destroyer would be second.

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam

I'll go with Alive II since I got that for Christmas with my turn table/8 track setup (and Double Fantasy and Boston on 8 track). It was the only Kiss recording I've ever owned.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club

Kiss in my estimation is one of the most overrated rock groups ever.

But I'll vote for "Ace Frehley" solo album since the "New York Groove" cover was their best work.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,468 Founders Club

My high school girlfriend and I made fun of her grade school sister for liking KISS. Could not take them seriously. It was a generation shift from peace love and understanding to malarkey

There are a lot of metal type rock bands that are better. One hit wonder hair bands with better songs

• El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,167 Swaye's Wigwam

KISS were not the most technically gifted band nor were they to be taken seriously. They had some cool album covers. But one thing they did more than any other band was market themselves like crazy. KISS Army. Lunch boxes. Comic books with their blood in the ink. The stage show. Taking on the Phantom in the park. Being on Paul Lynne’s Halloween show.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,942
    edited August 1

well, you know how I feel about malarkey.

so I’d say Kiss Alive is the best album and the first album, just “Kiss” is the best cover.

Agree that Kiss is a little light in the loafers, but Alive in 1975 was a good album. Cold Gin on that track is underrated. Good song. Ace Frehley also under appreciated as a guitarist. The serious guitar guys I know put him up there with some of the best in terms of technical skill. Complete dipshit of a man, but a talented guitarist.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,942

That Phantom movie was one of the many jumps over the shark that Kiss made.

• Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,378
    edited August 1

I'll go with KISS Alive, solely because of Ace posing in the center of the shot…had the 8 track. I was done after Destroyer, but bought Rock and Roll Over because I hate money…