Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2nd Annual Hardcore Husky Fucktard Invitational at Tetherow

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,350 Founders Club
edited July 21 in Hardcore Husky Board

Well I got back into town yesterday after being down at Bend, Oregon for the 2nd annual HcH golf tourney. It was 93 degrees but felt fine until we hit the five hour mark, when I started to have a vertigo attack. But I knocked down two glasses of ice water and poured ice water over my head, and it went away and I felt fine. I did end skipping the 16th hole because of it though.

A year ago, I shot 65 for nine holes at Tetherow (after not playing golf for the previous 14 years). But last Friday (if we assume double bogey for the hole I missed), I shot 101 for 18 holes. I think it's legit for me to say that if the greens weren't sadistically cruel, I would have shot low-to-mid 90s for the day. Seriously, it was like putting on linoleum with all kinds of crazy undulations and ridges to deal with. We all struggled mightily with putting. But man did we have fun.

On the tenth hole, it was a 316 yard par 4. My tee shot went 298 yards to the base of the green. The Course Marshall drove up to us and said that due to the severe upward slope at the front of the green, and the brutal slope at the back of the green, he suggested that I not chip it but just wack it with a putter. I did not listen to his advice, made a horrible chip shot that failed to ascend the slope, chipped a second time, then three putted to end up with a ##$%#%@ double bogey!

The winner on the day was ChuckHIV with a 96. Chuck's brother shot a 100, I shot a 101 (again, assuming a double bogey on 16), and Yella shot a 122. What was impressive about ChuckHIV was that he was literally puking throughout the back nine, but like Jordan and the Game 6 flu game, "The HIV" came through in the clutch.

Unlike last year, when the skies of Bend were heavy with smoke, this time around they beamed a baby blue.

Yella was a great host, and got us $40 discounts due to his membership there.

I've known Chuck a long time but never before met him in person. Both he and his brother are great guys. I'm hopeful we can get his bro to post here someday because he would fit in with his sense of humor.

We had dinner afterward with a cool view of the course we had just "conquered". I would show a photo of it but because of our anti-doxxing rule, if I posted the pic I would have to ban myself.

Already looking forward to next year…

Comments