Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

For the uninformed: Trump condemns Charlottesville neo-Nazis

EverettChrisEverettChris Member Posts: 3,656
edited June 28 in Tug Tavern

From Trump’s first comments after the Charlottesville.

You're changing history, you're changing culture, and you had people — and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally

This is for low-info @CallMeBigErn. Biden has been lying about this for almost 7 years.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-very-fine-people/

No, Trump Did Not Call Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists 'Very Fine People'

Claim:On Aug. 15, 2017, then-President Donald Trump called neo-Nazis and white supremacists who attended the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, "very fine people."Rating:

Context

In a news conference after the rally protesting the planned removal of a Confederate statue, Trump did say there were "very fine people on both sides," referring to the protesters and the counterprotesters. He said in the same statement he wasn't talking about neo-Nazis and white nationalists, who he said should be "condemned totally."

Comments

• EverettChrisEverettChris Member Posts: 3,656

The media does a “very fine” job of keeping emotional people like @CallMeBigErn upset by only got gong the news that maintains a narrative.

—————----

We looked into these claims, and found that while Trump did say there were "very fine people on both sides," meaning both the protesters and the counterprotesters, he also condemned neo-Nazis and white nationalists outright and said he was specifically referring to those who were there only to participate in the statue protest. We found the original clip on C-SPAN, and transcribed the relevant section below:

Trump: Excuse me, they didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group — excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures as you did — you had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name. George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status, are we gonna take down — excuse me — are we gonna take down statues of George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him? Okay good. Are we gonna take down the statue? Cause he was a major slaveowner. Now are we gonna take down his statue? So you know what? It's fine. You're changing history, you're changing culture, and you had people — and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally.

Advertisement:

There was an error displaying this embed.

But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people, but you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits, and with the helmets, and the baseball bats, you got a lot of bad people in the other group too.

Reporter: I'm sorry sir, I didn't understand what you were saying, you were saying the press has treated white nationalists unfairly? I don't understand what you're saying.

Trump: No, no. There were people in that rally — and I looked the night before — if you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I'm sure in that group there was some bad ones. The following day it looked like they had some rough, bad people. Neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you wanna call them. But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest — and very legally protest — because I don't know if you know, they had a permit

edited June 28

One more time to try and knock down the cognitive dissonance…

You want to talk about changing history?

You're changing history, you're changing culture, and you had people — and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,603 Founders Club

Biden hasn't condemned the daily assault on Jews by his Pali pals

• Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,258 Swaye's Wigwam

When this fact check came out last week, it was a signal to Joe to not keep repeating that lie.

Ern trying to pull the sympathy card for an angry dictator who literally tries to put his political opponent in prison while skipping prosecution for himself is hilarious.

“Oh, he’s old.”

He should resign from office today. At least Kamala lives in the present and can give a semblance of stability until Trump is inaugurated.

• CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,128 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 28

Literally.

Your weaponization claims are completely conspiratorial and scandalous. None of that has been proven and it won't, because it didn't happen. Don broke the law and the law won. Next. It's really simple.

For far Left The New Republic, Snopes showing an ounce of integrity and telling the truth about Trump literally condemning neo-Nazis in his answer about Charlottesville they are “cleaning up” for Trump.

Leftists always have to lie to the public because their ideas don’t work. Tester running “tough on the border” ads here in Montana after he voted to give illegals health care and other benefits is an example of this deceit.

https://newrepublic.com/article/183082/nopes-trump-very-fine-people

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,622 Standard Supporter

Ern is the love child of Baghdad Bob and Sgt Schultze

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,047 Founders Club

The most charitable claim is you are really naive.

It’s more likely Yuri Bezmenov was right about you back in 1984. Frankly you should be more concerned about that prediction.