Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joe advocating federally legalizing weed is on-brand

EverettChrisEverettChris Member Posts: 1,903
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Combo Breaker
edited May 16 in Tug Tavern

His son is a severe addict who isn’t at all involved in the recovery community.

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,655
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 17

Time for someone to go jerk off to Watter's World and fuck off.

Go move to a dry county in Texas and stop crying.

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,600
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 17

I'm high af right now. I am a professional at weed. AMA. Love u guys.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is crazy. Add in Kamala who laughed about jailing weed smokers now claiming she listened to Snoop while getting high. As bad as I may insult Biden voters I could never insult them as much as Biden does

Also interesting to remember late 2019 before Joe was selected to run and people took shots at him including the toad Kimmel

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,076

People forget Joe Biden sponsored the crime bill that put thousands of weed dealers in prison

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,910
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 17

Millions have been locked up for nothing. I've spent 5 months in the hoosegow as a non violent offender between King, Yakima, and Whatcom because of a DUI and probation violations because of weed in my pee. It compounds quickly when you don't abide. We have the highest jailed.rate in the developed world by far. It's what we do and it's pretty wild that the land of the free is like this if you ask me. I played a lot of spades and pinochle with people who were driving on a suspended driver's license. The horror.

And I'm not even black. I might still be there otherwise (said in jest).

Joe Biden and Kamala locking up generations of black people though. Thats a fun spin. Tell me more.

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,396
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

That's Their claim, you should take it up with Mr. Racial jungle and Mrs fabricated evidence.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Amazing how much Biden voters claim that they don't know

And instead of looking up easily found confirmation they fall back on demanding proof that they won't accept

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,454
    edited May 17

Stoners are gonna stone. Drinkers are gonna get drunk. Do your thing but don't mislead.

I have no problem with stoners blowing their brains out. Its their business. I grew up in Oregon when it was the weed capital of the world and saw many classmates and acquaintances do damage to themselves. Claiming it is not addictive or damaging to one's health and personal life is the wrong thing to say.

I can name 5 guys on my floor in the Freshman dorms who smoked their way right out of college.

Admit it isn't good for you (unless you have illnesses where pot provides relief) and smoke away. Enjoy but don't mislead. I remember when they legalized it in Oregon and we had posters who said it was ok to drive when they were stoned. Lets not fool each other.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,668
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,638
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

https://www.newsweek.com/did-liberals-put-black-america-behind-bars-297096

“Clinton triumphantly declared that the law was "the toughest, largest, smartest federal attack on crime in the history of our country."

Democratic Senator Joe Biden of Delaware used the law to respond to the common and erroneous criticism that liberals were soft on crime:

Let me define the liberal wing of the Democratic Party. The liberal wing of the Democratic Party is now for 60 new death penalties. That is what is in this bill. The liberal wing of the Democratic Party has 70 enhanced penalties.... The liberal wing of the Democratic Party is for 100,000 cops. The liberal wing of the Democratic Party is for 125,000 new state prison cells.”

————————--------
    Enter the boom-time of the industrial incarceration complex. There was a lot of money to be made on catching black men with a little bit of weed and turning it into “intent to distribute”

Now before you get your knickers bunched up, obviously their were many necessary provisions in the 1994 crime act, but like any piece of legislation, there was a lot sludge underneath the crust, and we ended up unnecessarily ruining millions of lives for the sake of it all.

No one saw their political profile rise from this quite like Kamala Harris as California AG.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

My freshman year I smoked dope a couple of times, all at night after school along with some beer. I didn't like the dope high. Everything was funny for a while and then I'd spend the rest of the evening looking at my feet. So, I just stuck with alcohol. The drinking was after school. We weren't doing shooters in the morning before school and then drinking Colt 45 at lunch. The stoners were smoking before class and at lunch. I was constantly getting asked if I wanted to get high and then go to the library by stoners. No one asked if I wanted get drunk and then go to the library. Lots of stoners dropped or flunked out. The drinkers did pretty well in school. The occasional dope smokers did well also.

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,454

I stopped in a weed shop in Oregon when I was visiting right after it was legal. I had to see this for myself. 11 am and the workers were barely functional. Stoned to the bejeezus. It was hilarious but that is off topic.

The guy across the hall in the dorms was a legit Eagle Scout. He woke up and would take a huge bong hit before he was out of the covers. Take a shower, get dressed, get the back pack together, take another pull and head to class. He was one of those that was basically stoned all day once he got away from mommy and daddy. He lasted half of his Freshman year. Saw him about 15 years later at one of those roadside tent sales where you can buy military surplus supplies. Still stoned, smiling, happy as hell and had a great time catching up. Weed was his life and he was happy. He died 6 years ago of brain cancer but I have to admit he died broke, stoned and happy according to his brother. To each their own. It seems a depressing existence to me, but whatever.

• Options
    Founders Club

Definitely. I was. My mom tragically died when I was 19, I got a DUI a few days after, and my life slipped into chaos for years. Not a good time. Not proud of it.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It would appear that you made it back in good shape. None of us are saints here

I've smoked weed for over 50 years. I wouldn't recommend it but for me its a kind of self medication used in moderation just like my fondness for wine. And the occasional cigarette. None of them are GOOD for you and are probably in fact bad but a life lived trying to live forever is still going to end up at death

2 of the 3 are legal and highly taxed. 1 isn't. In my 20s I drove drunk frequently. I just didn't get caught. Hard for me to judge. I figure I used up my quota and drink at home. Have for decades

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,655
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 17

There hasn't been a single negative outcome from legalizing weed in the state of Washington, except maybe with the initial implementation where a few people were essentially handed lottery tickets to make bank off of it. Even then, it's leveled out and become competitive, provided all sorts of jobs with no upfront skills required. Edible weed is a massive health alternative to a dumb fuck doctor trying to pump you full of pills for auto-immune diseases and all sorts of shit.

Anyone who associates its legalization with the drug epidemic or thinks there will be a massive crime boost from it just needs to go move to a religious dry county somewhere.