Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ranking the UW Transfers of the Portal Era

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,280 Swaye's Wigwam

the transfer portal era truly started lightly in 2021 and given how it's going to be more and more important as things go on I wanted to look back at the impacts guys have had for UW so far.

1. Michael Penix Jr. (QB Indiana 2022) - Duh
  2. Ja'Lynn Polk (WR Texas Tech 2021) - Top 10 WR all time at UW and that's with leaving two years of eligibility on the table and competition for targets with Odunze/McMillan
  3. Dillion Johnson (RB Miss State 2023) - 1,200 yards and 16 TDs. Battled through a broken foot when UW needed it most.
  4. Jabbar Muhammad (CB Oklahoma St 2023) - Massive upgrade at a position of major need. Nice play against Franklin in the P12CG. I will never not mention the name though without mentioning he gave up some of the toughest plays of the season at terrible times, and struggled mightily when opponents just realized he was 5'6 and went at him.
  5. Jeremiah Martin (DE Texas A&M 2021) - All-Pac-12 Trice bash brother. Really sucks he got wasted in 2021 and wish that year could have been traded to have him in 2023.
  6. Germie Bernard (WR Michigan State 2023) -Made some nice plays in 2023, most notably a punt return in the P12CG. Also had some big mistakes though and a guy sitting out a natty game with an injury that isn't bad enough to take him out of spring football is mind boggling to me. Sucks because I think 2024 would have been his year.
  7. Wayne Taulapapa (RB Virginia 2022) - This is what I'm talking about with Deboer being a shitportal recruiter.
  8. Ralen Gofoth (LB USC 2023) - Made a few nice places when needed.
  9. Brendan Radley-Hiles (CB Oklahoma 2021) - Ended up being nothing special but could have been really nice to have in 2022/23.
  10. Giles Jackson (WR Michigan 2021) - Has flashed a bit after a disappointing 2021. His contribution against Oregon alone in 2023 was big.
  11. Cam Bright (LB Pitt 2022) - Major disappointment. Was supposed to be like an all conference type guy and was nowhere close.
  12. Kristopher Moll (LB UAB 2022) - Was supposed to be a depth guy but was more reliable than Bright at the end of the season it seemed.
  13. Daniyel Ngata (RB ASU 2023) - Made an impact in kick returns later in the season.
  14. Josh Cuevas (TE Cal Poly 2023) - One big play against Arizona. I think he recovered an onside kick against Oregon)
  15. Will Nixon (RB Nebraska 2022) - Will always be remembered for the drop against Michigan.
  16. Jordan Perryman (CB UCDavis 2022) - Just couldn't play at the Pac-12 level.
  17. Patrick O'Brien (QB Colorado State 2021) - I guess he played in practice when you needed a guy to throw the ball.
  18. William Haskell (QB San Diego State 2023) - See O'Brien.
  19. Zach Durfee (DE Sioux Falls 2023) - I think he got one series against Texas.

The rest I don't think even played

Lonyatta Alexander (WR ASU 2022)

Aaron Dumas (RB New Mexico 2022)

Jalen Klemm (T Kansas State 2023) Why?

Darren Barkins (CB Oregon 2023) Why?

Comments