Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DM to the Biden Bros

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,819
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Sentence #1, Agree.

Sentence #2, Disagree. I've cited sources.

• Options
    Founders Club

Bottom line

Findings reached independently by multiple assessments are particularly strong. Three broad conclusions follow from multiple highly credible assessments: 1) people are causing climate to change, particularly through emissions of greenhouse gases, 2) human-caused climate change poses very serious risks to humanity, and 3) there are many risk management options available that can meaningfully address climate change.

1. Maybe 2. No. 3. Unlikely

Hope this helps.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited April 25

You beat me to the punch. Nature.com get everything wrong about Covid. Everything.

#science

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Now now, we aren't here to attack sources, which is after all, a fallacy of rhetoric.

I'll give @CallMeBigErn credit, he's listed three more than anyone else from the left. I hope we can continue to build on the list.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

@UW_Doog_Bot

If you must know, nothing specific. I read some Foreign Affairs, the New Yorker, The Atlantic, Axios newsletters, various sci journals, AP News app, I use RSS aggregators sometimes. I listen to Up First and the Telegram Ukraine pod some mornings. I browse r/UkrainianConflict, r/guitarlessons, r/Mariners, and r/discgolf alot. I poke my head in on r/news sometimes to see if anything catches my eye. r/politics is ehhh. Too many Slate-type articles. I watch a lot of music theory videos on YouTube. That's my biggest thing lately while I do some physical therapy on a bulged disc I suffered. I listen to Softy sometimes and have my Twitter curated to sports only. Disinformation and propaganda fascinates me so I spend a lot of time researching that stuff lately as well. This forum has contributed to it. I could go on. I pick and choose. Everything is out there. I have a lot of interests. Just have to understand how to read news and information to know what's bullshit and what isn't.

Now, how about you?

• Options
    Founders Club

I do know. Well. Thus I didn't think I needed to add a sarcasm disclaimer.

• Options
    Founders Club

The New Yorker, The Atlantic, and Axios explain everything. The biggest TDS rags around. And you think you are a moderate.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited April 25

Who couldn't see that comin?

When I see something interesting, sure. It's usually a rec through my Pocket or Refind app. I aint hung up on em or nothin'. I'm big into the Russia/Ukraine conflict so that's the majority of my article reads sometimes. I seek whatever intrigues me.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Awesome! A much improved contribution.

Ftr fuck Vanilla, new quote function is aids. Anyway, I love telegram as there's a lot of primary source material out there. Getting tougher and tougher though with improved cgi, ai, and just the level of editing that people are capable of to differentiate. Substack is great for following individual journos doing investigative journalism. I check AP and MSN just to see what the latest narrative generator is spinning. Follow through on YouTube and X for a few things.

Everything is with a massive grain of salt as everyone has a motive or even if they have integrity are viewing things through the myriad lenses that have been created to distort reality. I try to think of it as a short hand bayesian analysis with a statistical sampling of sources.

Can we agree that it is harder than ever to vet sources and that indeed, the msm has gotten A LOT wrong the last however many years at this point?

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,944
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Bottom line

Findings reached independently by multiple assessments are particularly strong. Three broad conclusions follow from multiple highly credible assessments: 1) people are causing climate to change, particularly through emissions of greenhouse gases, 2) human-caused climate change poses very serious risks to humanity, and 3) there are many risk management options available that can meaningfully address climate change.

What has been the climate change so far and how currently is it affecting humanity?

1. Food production is up. GDP is up. Population is up. New York City isn't under water. Ice caps are still there. It still snows.

Human-caused climate change poses very serious risks to humanity

2. When are we facing a serious risk to humanity? Next year? Two decades ago? How many years left to act? Should the US go it alone to avoid the serious risks or should we commit economic suicide and give the chicoms a pass?

There are many risk management options available that can meaningfully address climate change.

3. What are some of the many risk management options available? Are Nukes and LNG replacing coal in your risk management options that you never mention?

More world salad, signifying nothing that suggests you have a science degree and don't work for the government.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,898
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

You post this shit and they've been caught cooking the books a zillion tims! Refusing to include anything that shows a different outcome. Blackballing scientists who disagree and have different outcomes than the ones the governments are paying them millions for with the requested outcome. Then they can shut doown energy travel corral and kill the majority of the population. Better read up on Gates, Soros. WEF and especially Noah Uval Hirari.

You either one of them or you've been duped. Time to wake up!

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited April 25

Yeah I'll read some Substacks in my email when they come around the bend. I completely agree on investigative journalism. Books, articles, and documentaries alike. I always trend towards that stuff, especially Ukraine over the last few years.

I don't even know what MSM means, it's a broad trope with no meaning to me. If you mean the NY Times, sure they got some stuff wrong. Whatever. News has been getting it wrong sometimes since the dawn of news. Was some of that political, sure. That's how it goes. I'm not sure how much has changed besides the opinion section getting amplified due to social media. Anyway, their influence is dying away anyway. We are in a new age. If you mean cable nightly television, eh, I stopped watching that stuff long ago. It became way too ESPN-like. Where I draw the line is drawing an equivelance between what MSM got wrong and whatever this other crap is. There is no comparison. Overall I try to keep an arm's distance from American politics in general, at least till October. It depresses me too much, and I don't enjoy it eating at my well-being. I try not to engage it as deeply as other things. I regret coming in here every time but climate science ended up being a trigger.

Vetting sources, absolutely. It's terrible. There's courses now on how to ingest media and vet sources. There's free ones online. Should be a requirement in K-12 as far as I'm concerned.

Your response was the first actual pleasantry anyone has ever exchanged with me in here. Thank you sir. You're too kind.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,898
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 25

CallMeBigErnMember, Swaye's WigwamPosts: 4,080

"The dude mixes mythology and pseudoscience and is considered quite the outcast. He calls himself The Renegade Scholar. He's a charlatan.

Find me a 99% consensus across 90,000 studies."

Doesn't exist. it's not a vote and we know they exclude all with different outcomes. We call that a scam. A communist scam actually.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited April 25

I must rephrase keeping American politics at arm's length. That means engaging on forums and Twitter. I know what's a goin' on 'round here.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

Your alleged "knowledge" is hidden by evasion and avoidance. When the rubber hits the road no functional difference between mello and Big Ern.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is thunder dome make no mistake. I'll disagree with plenty of what you said regarding media, I think it's deteriorated much more but we can agree to disagree. The point is whether you want to engage in good faith debate or not though.

I'll talk to literally just about anyone that can engage honestly. Say what you want about the miscreants in here but most of them have integrity unlike H or Mello. "We" disagree about plenty but I'd have a beer and laugh about it with just about each and everyone of them.

Takes all kinds and not for the weak though. Poor @YellowSnow got run because he's a soft rowboat Peter puffer.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited April 25

Wild place for a good faith fact-based civil debate on much of anything if you ask me. Alone in a MAGA Thunder Dome being pelted with rocks of disinformation, social media propaganda, and insults raining down from every direction. Disinformation and attacks on science trigger me sometimes but this ain't my scene, I promise. I try to be a peaceful man. This ain't a peace palace. It sucked me in, I have to claw out now. I've tried this hard to find someone with a sense of civility to admit an issue exists as a BASELINE for debate, and even that was a tough nut. I feel wholly satisfied. I don't know how the other liberals keep it up. I don't know how this gang keeps it up. Goddamn piranhas.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

A never ending freaking supply. Brags about his science superiority and then exhibits nothing of the sort. Summary conclusions and no ability to engage. Apparently questions are not peaceful.