Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Will Wade

no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Seems like everyone thinks it will be Sprinkle. At least there will be plenty of piss jokes to make.

• Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

OKG:

"On March 7, 2019, it was reported that Wade discussed an offer to a recruit, which was overheard on a Federal Bureau of Investigation wiretap.[4] Wade described the payment as a "strong-ass offer", and in the transcripts he is quoted as saying that he was frustrated with the situation: “I’ll be honest with you, I’m fucking tired of dealing with the thing. Like I’m just fucking sick of dealing with the shit. Like, this should not be that fucking complicated.”[4] The following day, LSU announced that he was indefinitely suspended amid the FBI's probe.[5][6] Tony Benford was named interim head coach at LSU during Wade's suspension.[7] On April 14, 2019, LSU lifted Wade's suspension.[8]

It was also reported on April 24, 2019, that Wade agreed to significant modifications to his contract, in order to be reinstated. Some of those changes include: 1) to forfeit $250,000.00 in bonuses he would have otherwise earned during the time of his suspension, 2) the contract also now allows LSU to fire Wade for cause if he commits a Level I or Level II NCAA violation, and 3) He can also be terminated if the NCAA infractions committee issues a formal notice to LSU that Wade was involved in a Level 1 or Level 2 violation.[9]

On August 25, 2020, reports surfaced that the investigation into the numerous alleged recruiting violations by Wade is ongoing and headed to an independent panel. Two separate NCAA committees have referred LSU's case to the IARP (Independent Accountability Resolution Process, a system formed in response to a Condoleezza Rice-led commission on college basketball). Should this panel issue a formal 'notice of allegations' to LSU as a result of this investigation, that would put an end to the three year, highly controversial tenure of Wade, based on the renegotiated contract of 2019.[10]

Wade led his 2021 Tigers to the championship game of the SEC Tournament in Nashville and an 8-seed in the 2021 NCAA Tournament.

He was terminated as coach on March 12, 2022 after the NCAA formally served the Notice of Allegations based on the investigations into the above reports of recruiting violations.[11]

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

All legal now. A man ahead of his tim and a stone cold winner. I highly doubt Michigan or Louisville would let this guy slip away. He could also end up back in the SEC at Vandy. He's my #1 choice with a bullet. Assuming he doesn't want to come West I would also accept Sprinkle, Pope or the guy from Indiana State (talk about winners!) as consolation prizes. Troy had some questionable BB hires at Tulane. Mike Dunleavy Sr., one of the worst D1 hires of all time and Ron Hunter, a decent looking hire at the time that just hasn't panned out. EWIWBI

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Can someone paste the Athletic article on Wade? The guy gives me a boner. TIA