Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ted Williams asked if he is the number 1 baseball hitter of all time

Comments

• Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited March 14

wow, thx for posting this, the guy is my favorite player all time and i had the fun of watching this guy in the 50’s on TV and have always thought that he was hands down the best player in history ~ and on top of that what a kool guy as well.

All you have to do is open at the baseball stats history book and look at the % of bold black highlighted stats to see just how good this guy was vs everybody in the league during his 23 year big league career ~ how overwhelming his stats were ~ never to be replicated… not even close.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I've never done a direct comparison but I think Barry Bonds reached that level for a short time. Otherwise it's Williams by a country mile over all contenders. He even took a break to go to war, came back, and kicked more ass iirc.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,330
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I believe Ted fought in two wars. The Big One and Korea

I didn't watch the clip but as I recall Ted once said that when someone saw him walking down the street he wanted them to say "there goes the best motherfucking hitter ever"

• Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,250
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Teddy Ballgame of the MFL (Major Fucking Leagues)…

• Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited March 15

the other guy with incredible historical stats during an even earlier period was Lou Gehrig… looking at both guys stats is eye opening… year after year of around .340 stats with power.

People weren’t running in those days… Teddy stole i think ten bases in his 8000 Plus at bats I think even though he was fleet of foot, super coordinated and led the league in on base average most years…