Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Best Defensive Players of the Pac-12 Era

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,565
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam

Best of lists in college football always favor offensive players too much so I thought I'd highlight defensive players in the conference.

1. Will Sutton DT Arizona State - I'll admit I don't remember this guy a ton. He won back-to-back Pac-12 Defensive Players of the Year so easy number one.
  2. Scooby Wright LB Arizona - He gets shit on a lot for being a white try hard who had no NFL career. He was really fucking good in 2014 though. No denying.
  3. DeForest Buckner DT Oregon - One of the most purely dominant defensive players I can remember watching in recent conference history. Huge score him coming back for a senior season.
  4. Budda Baker S Washington - Not just a great safety - a huge part of Washington turning things around culturally and becoming a CFP team.
  5. Trent Murphy LB Stanford - Huge part of Stanford winning the conference in 2012 and breaking through. The best of their long list of great defensive players from that era.
  6. Devin Lloyd LB Utah - Badass linebacker who was the best player on Utah's team which broke through and won the conference in 2021.
  7. Vita Vea DT Washington - The only thing sad about Vita is it feels like he didn't get a ton of time in college football. I think he easily gets the top spot here if he comes back in 2018.
  8. Anthony Barr LB UCLA - He's like Vita to me just an unreal freak who would have been awesome to see get more time.
  9. Evan Weaver LB Cal - kind of like Wright and I don't like him but have to give him a spot here.
  10. Greg Gaines DT Washington - Dooging a bit but think he's one of the most underrated players you'd ever see in college football. HE was such a rock for three full years too.

Others considered: Talanoa Hufanga S USC, Leonard Williams DT USC, Jordan Poyer S Oregon State, Adoree' Jackson CB USC, Laiatu Latu DE UCLA

Comments