Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Counter to Woolley's post

this one is a bit too easy, but what are the worst UW moments in the P12 era? I'll start with one, allowing others to add their favorite shit moves by our favorite program. I am going to go with Coach Pete's first season and the game at Arizona. Kept running the ball and blamed the fumble and his clock management on the clipboard. Would have been a huge road win against what I remember as being a good Arizona squad. What are some other P12 bed shitting favorites?

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Any of the three plungers Sark took every year.
    2014 Stanford

2014 Arizona

2015 ASU

2016 USC

2017 Auburn

2017 ASU

2018 Cal

2018 Oregon

2019 Cal

2019 Colorado

2020 Rep the North

2021 in its entirety

2022 ASU

2024 Michigan in the natty with a head coach one foot out the door. Inexcusable

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,540
    Swaye's Wigwam

I was actually going to do this. You beat me to it.

• Options
    wooderson92wooderson92 Member Posts: 124
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Standard Supporter

you would actually not be a lazy fuck such as myself and come up with a decent list

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

any ASU game.

Nevada.

Any bowl game pre 2022

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

2017 vs Stanford and ASU was awful. That offense sucked.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Just looking at your list is giving me PTSD. Of the games you list, I was at the following:

2014 Stanford and Arizona

2016 USC

2017 Auburn

2019 Cal

2024 Michigan

I might be a fucking jinx on the team. I apologize.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Arizona won the South that year and the South had 3 10 win teams and 2 9 win teams. Pete losing that game might’ve kept USC out of the championship and partially contributed to the demise of the conference as USC beat Arizona but finished 6-3 in conference to Arizona’s 7-2.

Thanks @TheChart

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited February 22

the chart game didn't bother me all that much. For some reason. It was dumb, but the team wasn't doing anything after they lost to Oregon anyways.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Montana and at least 81% of the losses that involved Stanford, ASU, and Oregon.

• Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,268
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Ortege Jenkins flip, and THE snow bowel

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Now this is some serious abundance.

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,540
    Swaye's Wigwam

Here's my worst and wanted to include stuff that wasn't just games:

1. Hiring Jimmy Lake - Lucky it didn't completely tank the program. Even with the heroic turnaround of the past two seasons, the program has issues now because of how horribly he recruited.
    2. The Great Natty Failure - I'm not complaining about the journey getting there but playing in the biggest game possible and having a coach who was even possibly distracted is cataclysmic. I wouldn't be surprised if down the line everyone looks at the rosters of the two teams and wonders how the hell Michigan won, let alone by 21.
    3. DeBoer quits - Made so much worse by the above. I don't think we're done but I really think it's possible DB could have put together at least a few more big seasons in Seattle.
    4. Peterman quits (bonus points for quiet quitting) - I almost think this one is more about Peterman quiet quitting. Did he play a factor in a 2018 team who should have run the table in the regular season losing three games? Not showing up in a Rose Bowl and then the abomination that was 2019. Even if he half asses it through 2020 and 21 and then quits he leaves the program in a much better place.
    5. 2020 COVID double whammy (Rep The North) - I don't fucking count this season but there's no bigger gut punch than allowing Oregon to go, especially knowing they were going to beat baby shit soft USC. The long term of this wasn't horrible but it stung like shit at the time.
    6. Hiring Hamdan - Petersen's fatal flaw was not wanting an OC to tell his stupid Boise offense to fuck off. I legit think they could have run the table (regular season) in 2018 if they would have hired a dynamic OC and let him cook. I also just remembered he had never been a D1 OC at that point. My god with the program where it was at that point how do you hire that guy?
    7. Montana - Again, long run probably good thing to get Lake fired, can't explain how terrible it felt at the time though.
    8. Peterman kicking field goal to lose to Oregon 2018 - Still forever fuck Larry Scott and the Pac-12 for setting this game up this way. Peterman still should have not played as much for the field goal and went for the win. Still won the conference, but could have slapped three in a row against Oregon and tampered some of their momentum.
    9. Laitu Latu - We had the nation's best DE on our team and we fucking medically retired him so like the best academis school on the west coast not named Stanford could pass him.
    10. 2017 & 2019 seasons - Kind of cheating here but overall boy were these fucking joyless seasons.

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

2011 with no love!

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,292
    Standard Supporter

always losing to Cal.

Seriously refreshing my phone repeatedly in Tiananmen Square in 2018 to see the horror of Haener is something I’ll never forget.

• Options
    wooderson92wooderson92 Member Posts: 124
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Standard Supporter

how about Jon fucking Donovan?! I know it's on lake for hiring him in the first place but fuck you jon for even thinking you are a 21st century offensive coordinator. I guess some thanks are in order since your terrible 1986 offense assisted in ridding us of Lake but still, fuck you for being so shitty and making us have to watch your 4-8 bullshit

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,184
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited February 22

I had the pleasure of driving over to 2017 Furd and 2018 Cal. The memories or lack thereof shall last a lifetime.