Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jon Stewart dominates late night hacks

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Yawn. Nobody cares about Jon Stewart or the late night hosts. And nobody cares about this cranky YouTube host ranting about God knows what.

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,778
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited February 19

JS is a shadow of his former self.

Got right back in line too after the covid-origins bit he did. Coward. TITTT.

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,509
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 21

I hate political comedy on both sides and think it's super lazy. Stewart has the thing going on to me where everyone has been so bad at something since he left it really makes him look great. Trevor Noah should be cited as the example for hack in the dictionary and I've seen some decent things to not hate Colbert but his whole act is corny as fuck and lame and is one of those things I can't imagine people actually like. John Oliver had good delivery and writers but the whole machine gun out 20 cherry picked stats or facts with no balance on an issue is problematic and a British person yelling at you about why America is fucked is dumb on so many levels.

Overall these fucking shows and format of shit caused a lot of people to get their actual news from political humor shows and develop opinions on shit from four minutes of one-sided clips. Case in point the handful of people I've talked to who clearly just formed opinions on the structure of college sports "screwing over" these kids based on Daily Show/John Oliver dishonest shit and didn't even know that college football basically pays for women's sports.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

These shows target demographic is definitely the low information voter.

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,509
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Very good way to put it. Basically whenever I get into a discussion with one of them about the realities of the college sports model, particularly how it used to be, and rebut their points they just stick with their opinion and end up with yeah, but still or some shit.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,835
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Colbert was really good in the 2000s. Part of it he had fewer restraints on cable. Part of it was the Era. Now it's total cringe and kissing celeb ass. The Daily Show started to slip around 2011. What we'd now call woke humor crept in.

I think most people are fine with bashing Trump, as he's a crass narcissist, as long as you bash Dimocrats too. That's where the late night losers lost the public. You have hacks like Noah who were literally getting 350 or 375k a night. That's borderline pathetic. There are many YouTubers who can outdo that. They kept him around probably two years too long because nowadays everyone screams racism (not new actually).

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Colbert doing Bill O'Reilly was classic

I think that's all he had though