Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Interaction with duck fans in Peoria, Arizona

So guys, I'm old. I have a vacation home down in Peoria, Arizona and I split time between Tacoma, WA (no I'm not poor) and Peoria. Mrs. Doogerson and I were out playing golf and we get paired up with a guy named Barry and his wife, Trudy from Chicago. Barry is everything you'd imagine a 70 year old high roller from Chicago would be. Mrs. Doogerson and Trudy were admiring each other's apparel and discussing their favorite flavors of white claw. Barry says - you gotta go to the Antigua outlet in Peoria.

So Mrs. Doogerson and I go and in the warehouse-type store, this place is a candy shop for my wife. Everything is like $10 bucks for all the latest in stylish old person golf outfits. She had an armful of stuff. I'm not finding much for myself but there are some older duck fans admiring a yellow and green polo shirt.

Being the normal dick that I am, I say - the purple and gold one looks better. I am of course wearing a husky hat. Just a friendly joke, said in a nice tone of voice. Guy turns around and glares at me.

Here is what happened next:

Duck Fan; "Did you guys beat Michigan?" (I'm thinking, damn that escalated quickly. Let's have some fun.)

Me: "No, but it was a tough loss, but boy it was great to be in the national championship game."

Duck Fan: "GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR, HAHAHAHA. YOU GUYS ARE SCREWED."

Me: "Actually, I think we upgraded coaching staffs."

Duck Fan: "Typical husky fan. You guys are toast this year."

Me: "Last I checked we've beaten you 3 times in a row."

Me: "I forget what bowl game were you guys in this year. <cracking a grin>"

Duck Fan: "Fuck you"

He walks away cursing below his breath. I was hoping it would get to the point where I could throw out - how many national championships do you guys have again?

Thank you, Kalen Defraud for allowing me to have this moment. I want you to fail in a spectacular way but those wins over Oregon made this moment possible.

Comments