Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It's time for our new O/L coach to start landing some beef.

2»

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Anyone know what OL guys were projected to the be starters last season? I heard Gaard "the Viking" Memmelaar was starter penciled in before his injury. Could Kalepo and Buelow be bailing because they saw The Viking and G. Hattchet beating them out? If DeBoner struck it rich while the iron was hot so could they.

I think the original starting OL was

Fautanu - Kalepo - Mele - Brailsford - Rosengarten

Mele went down, Brailsford moves in, I think Memelaar and Hatchett were competing for RG, then Memelaar got hurt, Hatchett wasn't very good, and Buelow got healthy just in time to take the spot for the year.

Fautanu - Memelaar - Mele - Brailsford - Rosie.

Memelaar got hurt at the end of August and I think Kalepo stepped in at LG to start the season and Buelow went to RG after Mele got hurt.

I’m 81% certain that’s the correct sequence but I know for sure that Kalepo and Buelow were not starters at the end of August.
    Buelow and Kalepo both started at OG in the spring game, fwiw
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,533
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

OL has me really worried right now. Should have kept Huff IMO. I'm also disappointed in Kalepo and Buelow. I get they need to do what is best for them but damn, this was a time for true SR leadership. Help keep these guys together, but they bail instead. I guess that's the way if things now

How could they have kept Huff? He obviously wanted to go with DeBoer to Alabama.
    I had heard he wanted to stay here. This was home to him and Fisch wasn't interested
    Carroll is his guy so I assume that means he couldn't have kept Huff, even if he wanted to.