Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We don't deal with hypotheticals hypothetical 2024 roster

CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,867
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Before Fats fucked us, I thought the O/U on 2024 wins was 9.5

Fats might've been scared off because UW lost a metric shit ton of talent but here's what was lined up for next year. These are all guys who declared for the draft or entered the portal after Friday:

Offense
QB: Will Rogers - in portal
RB: Cam Davis/Tybo
WR1: Germie - in portal
WR2: Boston
WR3: ?
TE1: Watson from Fresno, already portaled to ATM
TE2:Cuevas/Moore
LT: Rosengarten - declared for draft
LG: Memelaar
C: Brailsford - in portal
RG: Buelow
RT: Kalepo - in portal

Defense

Edge: Durfee
DT: Montana transfer
DT: ?
Edge: ASU Transfer
ILB: Bruener
ILB: Tuputala
Husky: Powell - in portal
CB: Mohamed - in portal
CB: Jackson
S: Turner - in portal
S: KamFab

This roster doesn't suck. Fuck off Fats.

Comments

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It doesn't, especially if you can get most of the guys back, hang onto the portal guys (add in WR Hunter from Cal) and get some key guys from Arizona.

Fats seemed like a career B- student at TBSing and portaling and didn't have a Penix or Haener for sure to maximize things next year.
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fats might've been scared off because UW lost a metric shit ton of talent but here's what was lined up for next year. These are all guys who declared for the draft or entered the portal after Friday:

Offense
    WR3: ? Jeremiah Hunter starts, and Giles is here too
    LT: Rosengarten - declared for draft Azzopardi even if Rosengarten leaves
    RT: Kalepo - in portal Klemm can play somewhere too, maybe allowing Kalepo to stay at guard

Defense

CB: Jackson Banks if he doesn't retire?

Added a few more.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I think the very good RB from Arizona (Coleman) comes to UW. There is a chance Cam Davis needs to medically retire.

I am high on local kid Tristen Dunn (Sumner) at Safety or Husky. He will be a RS-Soph and at the NC game, looked to be 6'4" or 6'5" and 200+ lbs.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m not hopeful for the dynamic duo BUT if you can get those guys you’re telling two OL to sit back down and you’re again working with a high octane offense. And the RB who’s CB’d to udub. Not ‘23, don’t twist but a shootout O.

Then we’re again looking at a shitty D needing 2-3 min portal starters. If the two corners come over from AZ, ones already in the portal, we’re looking for a S and a couple beefy linemen.

Fisher of boys mentioned his focus on HS recruiting but he’s not a dumb fuck and knows what he needs now. Im sure he’s working 20hrs a day for the next 30 days

Is this incoherent babble sounding like optimism?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Injury positives and questions I haven't heard enough about:

RB Davis - would have been a big upgrade over Tybo and Nixon this year and would be a great compliment to Coleman
    WR Rashid Williams - weren't we hearing good things about him?
    G Wasn't Memelaar going to start over Kalepo/Buelow?
    C can/will Mele come back? He was the original starter
    C I remember against ASU they tried to have Landen Hatchett be the C because Brailsford was struggling and it didn't work. Landen could be better with more experience and not in a slow pass pro offense.
    Edge: Loved Jacob Lane
    DT/Edge: Don't think he's an every down guy but Voi made big plays all year, including two against Michigan when everyone else was sucking
    S - Can they bring Vincent Holmes back? I liked what I saw including a great int from Fifita

I think I saw where Williams was in or heavily considering the portal. Twatter.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

I think the very good RB from Arizona (Coleman) comes to UW. There is a chance Cam Davis needs to medically retire.

I am high on local kid Tristen Dunn (Sumner) at Safety or Husky. He will be a RS-Soph and at the NC game, looked to be 6'4" or 6'5" and 200+ lbs.

Tristan Dunn is going to end some football careers, either return men, slot receivers, or his own
    He stopped by our bus after the game walking out of the stadium a couple times and looks like an absolutely freak and took some major scalps on kick offs. Heard it's just about him putting it together with figuring out the defense, but maybe that changes with a less fucked up D scheme next year.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,867
    Founders Club

RB Davis - would have been a big upgrade over Tybo and Nixon this year and would be a great compliment to Coleman
    C I remember against ASU they tried to have Landen Hatchett be the C because Brailsford was struggling and it didn't work. Landen could be better with more experience and not in a slow pass pro offense.
    DT/Edge: Don't think he's an every down guy but Voi made big plays all year, including two against Michigan when everyone else was sucking
    S - Can they bring Vincent Holmes back? I liked what I saw including a great int from Fifita

Re: Memelaar, yes he was a starter at the end of fall camp.

Mele might be a medical retirement. Someone already posted that Huff said that.

Landen went to center vs ASU because his brother struggling. That’s what I remember but it might’ve been that both C & RG struggled.

Completely forgot about Lane and Voi.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Offense
    WR3: ? Jeremiah Hunter starts, and Giles is here too
    LT: Rosengarten - declared for draft Azzopardi even if Rosengarten leaves
    RT: Kalepo - in portal Klemm can play somewhere too, maybe allowing Kalepo to stay at guard

Defense

CB: Jackson Banks if he doesn't retire?

Added a few more.
    Completely forgot Hunter, Klemm and Azzopardi.

Banks looked really good before getting hurt.
  • Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Add Buelow to the portal....
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Mooser42 said:

Add Buelow to the portal....

And G Hatchett as well. Holy fuckal
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pretty sure you're thinking of Vince Nunley, who was a headcase and almost assuredly won't be coming back.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,416
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Pretty sure you're thinking of Vince Nunley, who was a headcase and almost assuredly won't be coming back.
    Both Vinces are in the port hole.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,436
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited January 17
    After studying the remnants of the roster and digging through piles of recruit film I’ve developed a pretty solid understanding of who will fill out our two deeps next year and, using that knowledge, mocked up a week 1 game program cover for next season.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 17

Are we in a place where we can cast off headaches? Also, based on everything I've seen isn't everyone under 30 now a head case, especially if they have anything like sports skills which double excuses having to not just be out of control self centered?
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

2 down, 83 to go!