Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What 2024 road games are you planning on attending?

Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,819
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
2024 away games:

Rutgers - Sept. 28
Iowa - Oct. 12
Indiana - Oct. 26
Penn State - Nov. 9
Oregon - Nov. 30

I am planning on Iowa, Indiana, and Penn State. I did Rutgers in 2017. It is well worth the trip. I visited Philadelphia and the Jersey Shore leading up to that game. NYC is an obvious thing to do as well. I highly recommend visiting Rutgers once.

For Iowa I plan on flying in and out of Kansas City. Hopefully the Chiefs play at home on 10/13.

For Indiana I’ll fly in and out of Nashville and visit Mammoth Cave National Park on the way there or back.

For Penn State I am hoping the Bills play the next day. If not, also looking at Pittsburgh or Cleveland for games. I’ll most likely fly in and out of Pittsburgh or Cleveland.

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Alaska has a direct flight to Nashville and even Cincinnati but Cincinnati makes it a bit tougher to see mammoth caves.

I need to check the dates but Keeneland runs a fall meet for horse racing here in Lexington. Less than 90 minutes from Louisville.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    Founders Club
    Fall meet runs October 4-26. Definitely a fun day if you’re in the area.

https://www.keeneland.com/events/fall-meet
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Keeneland is definitely on my radar. So is doing some bourbon tours.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Do some research on the bourbon tours. Some are free, some fill up quickly or have limited offerings according to friends.

I’ve done two tours, 1 at a tiny distillery and the other at Heaven Hill which was a tasting and presentation about the distillery.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,294
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If you're planning on Penn State:

Assume the game will be a White Out with a 7:30 start.
    Hotels in State College are utterly stupid for games. $500/night, 2 night minimum. It's such a pain in the ass. Reserve something now if you can. RVs can be rented too; might be able to pull an Airbnb.
    We've stayed in Altoona before; the drive sucks after the game but if you don't plan on stumbling out of there it is significantly cheaper.

Stay tuned for more advice on the best steak and coldest beer in town!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

Hotels in State College are utterly stupid for games. $500/night, 2 night minimum. It's such a pain in the ass. Reserve something now if you can. RVs can be rented too; might be able to pull an Airbnb.
    We've stayed in Altoona before; the drive sucks after the game but if you don't plan on stumbling out of there it is significantly cheaper.

Penn St @Logistics superiority guy. Every bored has one.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

I have family a few hours away. But if it is a night game I will look to stay in Williamsport or somewhere west on I-80 such as Clarion. The NFL game I attended the next day will be the deciding factor in which direction I stay.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

whlinder said:

I have family a few hours away. But if it is a night game I will look to stay in Williamsport or somewhere west on I-80 such as Clarion. The NFL game I attended the next day will be the deciding factor in which direction I stay.
    So what you're saying is that your fellow Hardcore Husky posters can stay at your relatives' home
  • Options
    Founders Club

whlinder said:

So what you're saying is that your fellow Hardcore Husky posters can stay at your relatives' home
    I call dibs on the master bedroom!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

I call dibs on the master bedroom!
    ISAFNRC
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

If you are willing to drive 4 hours, I may be able to pull off something in the Catskills. You will need a tent or hammock as it is a sweet hill top camp on the old family farm.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

If Hardcore Husky owned a horse, it would be called something like Ben Dover or Mike Hunt
    Phil McKraken

• Options
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

If Hardcore Husky owned a horse, it would be called something like Ben Dover or Mike Hunt
    Phil McKraken

Barry MaCockner
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,872
    edited January 17
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    Swaye's Wigwam

2024 away games:

Rutgers - Sept. 28
    Iowa - Oct. 12
    Indiana - Oct. 26
    Penn State - Nov. 9
    Oregon - Nov. 30

I am planning on Iowa, Indiana, and Penn State. I did Rutgers in 2017. It is well worth the trip. I visited Philadelphia and the Jersey Shore leading up to that game. NYC is an obvious thing to do as well. I highly recommend visiting Rutgers once.

For Iowa I plan on flying in and out of Kansas City. Hopefully the Chiefs play at home on 10/13.

For Indiana I’ll fly in and out of Nashville and visit Mammoth Cave National Park on the way there or back.

For Penn State I am hoping the Bills play the next day. If not, also looking at Pittsburgh or Cleveland for games. I’ll most likely fly in and out of Pittsburgh or Cleveland.

@Purple_Pills did you want this on the main football board?

We do cover travel here in my Shoppe, but this seems more football related.

No worries, either way.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    My mindset was originally going with Iowa as part of the main travel that I do with a group during the season and then Indiana because of the golf

I may pivot some and do a few more TCU games than planned with home games against Arizona and road games against Utah and Baylor (need to get to that stadium at least once)
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I wish I was golfing at Crooked Stick Race ...

My focus will be more at getting to the 2 courses down in French Lick and the Pfau Course at the University of Indiana
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

2024 away games:

Rutgers - Sept. 28
    Iowa - Oct. 12
    Indiana - Oct. 26
    Penn State - Nov. 9
    Oregon - Nov. 30

@Purple_Pills did you want this on the main football board?

We do cover travel here in my Shoppe, but this seems more football related.

No worries, either way.

I did have to think about that for a bit, but decided here because I figure it will end up being more travel heavy.