Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wilbur Hooks on Coaching Changes and The Husky Way

2»

Comments

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    I like to insist that Lambo> Rick and then call people doogs when they disagree with me, I do that.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,799
    I approve of this article and Wilbur's message.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,111 Swaye's Wigwam
    Maybe the senior leaders on the Sun Bowl team might have, oh, I don't know, done something about not pissing away a 17 point lead rather than sat on the bench and complained about how the team was going downhill.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,949 Founders Club
    Alexis said:

Maybe the senior leaders on the Sun Bowl team might have, oh, I don't know, done something about not pissing away a 17 point lead rather than sat on the bench and complained about how the team was going downhill.

That would have been the Husky Way in 1991. The legend of Stan Empterman not being happy with how a practice was going so he picked up a bench with his one good arm and hopped around on his one leg and smashed the bench into the ground to get his teammates attention. The best coaches recruit players who will be leaders. Hazing is stupid and lazy - lead by example
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Alexis said:

That would have been the Husky Way in 1991. The legend of Stan Empterman not being happy with how a practice was going so he picked up a bench with his one good arm and hopped around on his one leg and smashed the bench into the ground to get his teammates attention. The best coaches recruit players who will be leaders. Hazing is stupid and lazy - lead by example
    I thought we have lacked leadership the past couple years. I mostly blame Sark for that though. When it rained, it poured. Once his teams got down by 10-14, it was all over. Someone here has mentioned his record when he was trailing at half time and it's really bad. I think something like 3 wins when trailing at halftime.
  • DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623

The appropriate response is "FREE PUB!!!11!!"
    Dardanus said:

I need to PM IrishDawg stat, clearly not dialed-in enough.

• IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

Dardanus said:

"FREE PUB!!!11!!"
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,738 Founders Club

Dardanus said:

"FREE PUB!!!11!!"

Dardanus said:

"FREE PUB!!!11!!"
    That's how you lead by example. The Peterman way is already rubbing off on these boreds. Culture shift!!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I am so sick of the Lambo apologist movement. Those were some of the worst years of husky football because he was driving a national power into the ground at an alarming rate.

If we had never hired Ty and kept finishing in the top 3 in the conference with a rose bowl every 4 years everyone would still trash Lambo except for puppy for some reason.

Lambo sucked. He sucked bad. And by the way. That was don James defense. No lambo's.

Damn it. Damn it to hell.

This. Check out the defensive rankings with Lambo as the Head Coach. I think he had one top 25 defense. The rest were either average or bad.
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301

pawz said:

Meh. This is just classic confirmation bias. It's telling because we want it to be telling. But these exact comments are made by players every single time there's a regime change. Sometimes they're telling, sometimes they're not. Time will tell.

Either way it will be interesting.

When we're you born pawz you ignant little turd? You weren't around then we're ya ? Fucking new fish doogs
    apostrophe's cost extra around here. Please remit payment to DerekJohnson@moneygrab.com
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,263 Founders Club
    edited August 2014

pawz said:

Meh. This is just classic confirmation bias. It's telling because we want it to be telling. But these exact comments are made by players every single time there's a regime change. Sometimes they're telling, sometimes they're not. Time will tell.

When we're you born pawz you ignant little turd? You weren't around then we're ya ? Fucking new fish doogs

I was but a wee freshman puking in the bushes in front of the stadium when Cory Dillon ran for a 222 in the first quarter vs San Jose St.

I've also been around long enough to remember DAVIDDAWG, CFord1955 (the original negadawg), SLBOB, maplevcoug and to see Weiser lose Sven's $1000.

I might be new to this URL, but I'm definitely not new to "here". Who the fuck are you, ya bearded cunt ya?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Those players were soft under Lambo too. They got their ass kicked plenty. They got Lambo fired for partying before losing bad in the Hawaii bowl to Air Force.

Just a bunch of excuses. Babs was right to fire Lambo. The problem wasn't that she fired Rick it was when she fired Rick and then letting Gilby take over.

Searching for some link to a non existent Husky Way was really stupid. That's what led to Ty. Then swing the other way to Sark. Swing back to Petermen.

If Petermen can coach which I think he can its a mute point irregardless. If he can't we'll swing back to a loose Sark Rick type. Its what losing programs do.

There was nothing right about firing Lambo Race. (Except maybe the shade of purple and no metallic on the helmets). Lambo would have won the rosebowl, prolly 2 with Tui.
    From 95-97 Lambo couldn't even get to the Rose Bowl with better teams than the 00 Huskies. He had Tui in 97 and 98 and didn't know what to do with him. He does get credit for recruiting him as a QB. When Lambo beat Ohio State and Miami in 94 and lost 4 games including Oregon it was clear he should have been fired at the 50 yard line of the Apple Cup that year
    He should have been fired once Damon planted his foot on Oregon's 15yd line and started his throwing motion.

I would have fired Lambright when Wheaton crossed the 50, you beat me.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    pawz said:

pawz said:

I was but a wee freshman puking in the bushes in front of the stadium when Cory Dillon ran for a 222 in the first quarter vs San Jose St.

I've also been around long enough to remember DAVIDDAWG, CFord1955 (the original negadawg), SLBOB, maplevcoug and to see Weiser lose Sven's $1000.

I might be new to this URL, but I'm definitely not new to "here". Who the fuck are you, ya bearded cunt ya?
    you two are probably the same person. One on meds; one off.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,263 Founders Club
    Meek said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

you two are probably the same person. One on meds; one off.
    I gave up meds long ago. I'm also ambulatory. HTH