Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jeff Choate

2»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Meh. This doesn't move the needle at all for me.

We need a coach that has proven it at the P5 level.

This could easily be our WULFF equivalent.

Proved what? Power five coaches who have proven what they need to prove are already coaching at places like Alabama.

It's almost like we didn't just have this discussion a couple of years ago when the majority wanted Matt Campbell or Dave Aranda.

I can see looking at the guys at the Kansas schools. They haven't proven anything at the power five level though.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Proved what? Power five coaches who have proven what they need to prove are already coaching at places like Alabama.

It's almost like we didn't just have this discussion a couple of years ago when the majority wanted Matt Campbell or Dave Aranda.

I can see looking at the guys at the Kansas schools. They haven't proven anything at the power five level though.
    Define prove? Klieman won the conference last year.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Good point. Dumb comment by me.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,409
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

If looking at mountain west, why does Bobby Hauck’s name not get mentioned. The griz were better than Lake. And he has history coaching at UW.

No
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I wasn't trying to be a dick. Just there are different levels of proving it. Both of those dudes in Kansas do it for me realistically based off of who uw could get. Not my top choices but could win big here.

Klieman runs a very solid and what seems to be organized program.

Liopold from what I've seen runs a good program and schemes his balls off.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

I wasn't trying to be a dick. Just there are different levels of proving it. Both of those dudes in Kansas do it for me realistically based off of who uw could get. Not my top choices but could win big here.

I didn't think you were. I found it funny that I was kind of being a dick and kind of tripped over mine in the process.

I just disagree with pgos on the basic point. Proving it means winning. Winning at the level you're at is much stronger indication that you'll win at a higher level than possessing a track record of mediocrity at that higher level.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    biak1 said:

Fuck Lynden forever anyway.

This
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,214
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Big Ern was all over this yesterday. Let me know if y'all got a message I can deliver because he's probably 1.3 miles from me rn.

Going to be a rockstar hire for Nevada. Not sure if he's UW material at this point, but I could probably be convinced. He's a dude. He's on the KD at Fresno track.

Sorry to @CallMeBigErn i missed it
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Big Ern was all over this yesterday. Let me know if y'all got a message I can deliver because he's probably 1.3 miles from me rn.

Going to be a rockstar hire for Nevada. Not sure if he's UW material at this point, but I could probably be convinced. He's a dude. He's on the KD at Fresno track.

Sorry to @CallMeBigErn i missed it
    Oh it wasn't meant that way
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

chuck said:

This would fit on a beer glass.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If looking at mountain west, why does Bobby Hauck’s name not get mentioned. The griz were better than Lake. And he has history coaching at UW.

Leave U of Montana alone, jackals.

Griz Mornings are Religious! Best tailgating outside UW!

And very friendly people, until they get drunk and smash your face.

My kinda folk.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,063
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

My kinda folk.
    A young DSD ran a train on Missoula. From Redmond to MT we smoked joints while I rolled two cig packs full of a quarter gram pre-rolled joints. Don’t remember the entire trip but one night I was outside getting high and sold almost all of those fuckers for $5 a pop. The dorms were shit so i definitely felt like I was in the projects flipping dime bags. Had mimosas on game day so was feeling warm and tingly. From the car fucking douche drops the alcohol we’re sneaking in and shatters everywhere… make out with some slut during the game and vow to bang her that night. After party is great, I think, but some how get separated from everyone. Somehow end up at some chicks house I didnt know. Don’t get any strange but didn’t sleep on a cardboard box so I considered it a small victory. Was so excited that I went home and told my parents I didn’t want to be a drug dealer anymore and that I was goin to enroll in college. Paraphrasing of course.

Somewhere between this and the next trip I’d gone off the deep end yet again and spent half the time I was there on the couch detoxing. When I finally partied and got drunk I just wanted some coke because I knew that was the closest thing to real drugs I was putting up my nose…

CSB, I know.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,289
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

My kinda folk.
    A young DSD ran a train on Missoula. From Redmond to MT we smoked joints while I rolled two cig packs full of a quarter gram pre-rolled joints. Don’t remember the entire trip but one night I was outside getting high and sold almost all of those fuckers for $5 a pop. The dorms were shit so i definitely felt like I was in the projects flipping dime bags. Had mimosas on game day so was feeling warm and tingly. From the car fucking douche drops the alcohol we’re sneaking in and shatters everywhere… make out with some slut during the game and vow to bang her that night. After party is great, I think, but some how get separated from everyone. Somehow end up at some chicks house I didnt know. Don’t get any strange but didn’t sleep on a cardboard box so I considered it a small victory. Was so excited that I went home and told my parents I didn’t want to be a drug dealer anymore and that I was goin to enroll in college. Paraphrasing of course.

Somewhere between this and the next trip I’d gone off the deep end yet again and spent half the time I was there on the couch detoxing. When I finally partied and got drunk I just wanted some coke because I knew that was the closest thing to real drugs I was putting up my nose…

CSB, I know.
    Reads like a half-assad Pup story, only difference is, he would have put the poundins to the roundins
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,063
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

My kinda folk.

CSB, I know.
    Reads like a half-assad Pup story, only difference is, he would have put the poundins to the roundins
    I’m not what you would call a technically gifted writer but thanks for reading.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I didn't think you were. I found it funny that I was kind of being a dick and kind of tripped over mine in the process.

I just disagree with pgos on the basic point. Proving it means winning. Winning at the level you're at is much stronger indication that you'll win at a higher level than possessing a track record of mediocrity at that higher level.
    You guys argue like a bunch of Canadians.
  • Options

My kinda folk.

CSB, I know.
    Worked with a couple of Missoula brothers in a Seattle restaurant during college. Most important thing I remember from a story of theirs was the absolute necessity of making it home, even if crawling on hands & knees, because unlike Seattle, people in Montana actually do freeze to death.

Extremely enjoy games at Washington Grizzly Stadium, and they're building an indoor practice facility on campus right now, so the future looks bright for a fun team, stocked with lots of local kids, that still produces an exciting game with a defensive backfield that can't defend for shit. Fortunately their LBs are quick and get almost constant pressure on opposing QBs and they can tackle, which kind of offsets the terrible DB and Safety play throughout the Big Sky league.

The Highlander Brewery out by the Airport or the Kettle House on Higgins are always worth falling off my barstool for.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,996
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Now when you say brothers…
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

My kinda folk.

CSB, I know.
    Worked with a couple of Missoula brothers in a Seattle restaurant during college. Most important thing I remember from a story of theirs was the absolute necessity of making it home, even if crawling on hands & knees, because unlike Seattle, people in Montana actually do freeze to death.

Extremely enjoy games at Washington Grizzly Stadium, and they're building an indoor practice facility on campus right now, so the future looks bright for a fun team, stocked with lots of local kids, that still produces an exciting game with a defensive backfield that can't defend for shit. Fortunately their LBs are quick and get almost constant pressure on opposing QBs and they can tackle, which kind of offsets the terrible DB and Safety play throughout the Big Sky league.

The Highlander Brewery out by the Airport or the Kettle House on Higgins are always worth falling off my barstool for.
    Kettle house smoked beer is top notch
  • Options
    edited January 17

My kinda folk.

CSB, I know.

Kettle house smoked beer is top notch

My current seasonal favorite
  • Options
    edited January 17

Another Montana Gem