Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

if it leaks that discussions with Bama were underway with the DB (my new nickname for him)... BEFORE

gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,727 Swaye's Wigwam
the game Monday, would that change all of your minds that "you can't blame him"... "it was UW's fault".

Unforgivable if that took place IMO, and would explain that absolute dud.

Comments

• DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 798
    How would that ever be proven? I mean, it probably happened, but…
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,727 Swaye's Wigwam
    I agree it happened.

Why I don't really understand the takes above.

FTG.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    Yeah he fucked the team and us and the team fucked him back with a shit game
  • DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 798

Honestly, who the fuck does this to a program and a fan base.

KDB just shit in the faces of these players who played so hard for him.

It’s a new level of disturbing.

None of them are on the team anymore.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,905 Swaye's Wigwam

I hope some of the departed start talking. They have nothing to lose and are only tarnishing deboners name at this point. Make me hate him and AL more.

This. I want ALL the dirty laundry. Hopefully he was playing Bill Clinton with an equipment manager.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    edited January 12
    Dutch may have been given incentive to leak it before the natty, expecting UW would not come through with an acceptable contract. He probably told Bama he wouldn't consider the job if Saban announced his retirement before the game - they had to have wanted to do so - as this would have been needlessly selfish by Bama and an unnecessary distraction for UW. But with a leak the script plays out perfectly. Penix and all but a few shit the bed, as was predictable. Stage set for Deboar (a wild wrecker of a beast) to go to Bama. If WA had won, DeBoer leaving would be a resume killer. He's only 49 years old and even as confident as he is he's gotta know it is a huge risk to come in after a legend. Probably knew the other HCs on the short list wouldn't take the risk. Like who else goes for it on 4th down from own 29 with the game on the line. Dutch leveraged all of this to his advantage. ADHD Dannen was too fucking stupid to realize this and offer him enough to stay.
  • LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,243
    It explains why the team was so off on Monday. DeBoer indeed has this all planned. He was never going to stay
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,985

It explains why the team was so off on Monday. DeBoer indeed has this all planned. He was never going to stay

lol I’m sure he still wanted to win the national championship
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,379
    This is classic “coachspeak”, and SOP for the big timers…they can legit say “I have not spoken to anyone at school X about their opening”, because their agent is doing it all behind the scenes…take a look at Jimmy Sexton’s client list, if you can find it. You either make a definitive statement that you have no interest, or you go silent. Nobody admits anything until the line that is dotted is signed…
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,161
    thechatch said:

Sexton has been working on this for awhile.

Wtf are you even talking about?

Of course conversations were happening. As soon as Sexton declined to let his client sign in December, it should have kicked things into gear on UW’s end. The UW AD has access to a calendar. I sure as shit hope he was reaching out to guys while working on the updated deal for KDB because if he wasn’t he needs to be fired like yesterday.

sexton knew saban was retiring, floated it to his clients, deboer wanted it.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,336 Swaye's Wigwam
    It happened last year with Grubb…..