Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2024 Starters

2»

Comments

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,410 Swaye's Wigwam
    If they have Tuitele and Bandes starting next year Breckterfield should be tarmaced in Gaza
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,605
    Canadawg said:

If they have Tuitele and Bandes starting next year Breckterfield should be tarmaced in Gaza

Tuitele just announced he is retiring. It sounds like the injuries piled up.

I don't really blame Breckterfield for the DL issues b/c the 2020 class had no DTs in it and the 2021 class was a total bust there. To salvage the 2022 class, he found the Parker twins and J. Parker could end up being above average.

But I'd feel a lot better if they brought in another transfer at DT, haha ideally a high 4 or 5 star from Alabama who is sad about Saban retiring.
  • houseofpain247houseofpain247 Member Posts: 214
    WR room of Bernard, Hunter, Jackson, and Boston is a downgrade but not totally devoid of talent.

Our DT situation is BAD. If Bandes retires we're down our top 4 snap getters.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,605

WR room of Bernard, Hunter, Jackson, and Boston is a downgrade but not totally devoid of talent.

Our DT situation is BAD. If Bandes retires we're down our top 4 snap getters.

Rashid Williams could be nice surprise to the upside. He redshirted and had a very good offer list.

I like Boston, he's been filling out and is a legit 6'3" to 6'4".

But yeah, DT could be BAD. Counting on a transfer (Valdez) and a RS-Frosh (Davis) along with J. Parker (lower rated recruit and will be a RS-Soph) to be the top 3 guys doesn't bode well for the 1st season in the Big 10.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Bernard is plenty good. Boston was a rising star just a lot of talent ahead of him. Players and coaches speak highly of Boston.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024
    No wonder DeBoer hasn’t signed the extension…
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

gmo said:

That roster worries the shit outta me.

This is why people were retarded for blasting @FireCohen for saying 8-4. Our whole fucking roster is going to be an unknown.
    i am used to getting blasted :wink: , but 8-4 with the current roster is good outcome (and great coaching job). more looking forward to 2025 being special
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club
    Rick was 8-4 year 3
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam

No wonder DeBoer hasn’t signed the extension…

He had a large response yesterday that spells out that everyone is still pretty devastated over the loss.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,027
    The Cal WR didn’t transfer in to watch snaps. He’s gonna start.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,919 Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

From one of the best WR groups in the country to one of the worst...

Im not sure Germ-Bern is much better than Mickens but that is a bad 1/2... throw in the fact TE is completely unknown (westy safety valve gone) and the RB is Tybo and a room full of amputees... not great

Unless the defense is on a Rino cum IV its hard to image they wont be terrible with such shitty DT/CBs... Is Bruener the most "exciting" guy returning? JFC

best hope is UW grabs 3-5 guys that are good but jumping ship from the coaching shakeup that is inevitable... will have to bid a lot though...

That wr crew is better than a lot of what the conference trotted out there. Still better than the majority of the big10.

Hunter and Bernard are a good tandem. 3rd wr is up for grabs but some intriguing guys.
    Hunter and Bernard outside with Bolden in the slot would be better than most UW receiving corps that aren’t Rome/Polk/JMac or Ross/Pettis
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,817 Swaye's Wigwam

If Giles Jackson is the second best receiver on the team next year we got problems.

Hopefully behind hunter and maybe even Boston. So 3rd or 4th.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,817 Swaye's Wigwam
    Coaches have got to develop some of this younger talent and even if just a couple guys take that “next step” I won’t feel as worried. The mention of another dude or two from the portal is also a must.

I’m done with meesh. Watching his full speed sprint towards a running back who easily turned the corner solidified that for me. If he’s the best in that role that’s also troublesome.
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,382 Swaye's Wigwam

Coaches have got to develop some of this younger talent and even if just a couple guys take that “next step” I won’t feel as worried. The mention of another dude or two from the portal is also a must.

I’m done with meesh. Watching his full speed sprint towards a running back who easily turned the corner solidified that for me. If he’s the best in that role that’s also troublesome.

Yeah. That was bad.