Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This is when things went south...

It was the only holding call called all game. It broke the team's back. We were off, we we're being owned by the Michigan DL, but to that point, we had a chance. Took the winds out of the sails.

Comments

• Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Michigan 1 for 11 on 3rd and 4th downs.

• Options
    Thanks for the downvote, @CPADwag

It means a lot to me.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,162
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 10

Thanks for the downvote, @CPADwag

It means a lot to me.

Embrace the downvotes. Wear them like a badges of honor. It's the only way to survive out here. Keep on keepin on. I have no beef with the post despite my disagreement. Things went due south way earlier, then turned slightly north for a bit, then went due south again.
  • Options
    Things absolutely went due south way earlier and we had no business being in the game to start the 4th. But that was the case. Defense stood up for several drives in a row keeping it close. There was some hope on that drive.

And yes, I am not happy with the call or all the no-calls with fucking fist fulls of jersey throughout the game. Perhaps the pac has made me soft and I will need to get used to this "big boy football."

Or maybe I'm just a bitter old man.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,081
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I knew it was over when I saw what I was assuming was a Husky fan, wearing a Mariners tshirt to the game. Don't bring that cancer into the game. IMO the Mariners are the 'Cooler' of Seattle sports and their shit shouldn't be worn to other teams games. Prove me wrong Mariners!
  • Options
    HuskyBuckHuskyBuck Member Posts: 799
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Michigan was the better team no question. The holding call on that big play hurt big time. What also hurt was them not calling holding on Michigan on their ensuing drive for their linemen not doing the same exact thing. That holding call probably kills their drive that eventually put the game out of reach.

At the end of the day, they were better. Huskies were lucky to be in it. Huskies need better players to win that game, especially in the trenches.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,268
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I knew it was over when I saw what I was assuming was a Husky fan, wearing a Mariners tshirt to the game. Don't bring that cancer into the game. IMO the Mariners are the 'Cooler' of Seattle sports and their shit shouldn't be worn to other teams games. Prove me wrong Mariners!

There is absolutely nothing cool or even respectable about the Mariners. We should ship them to Oregon
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dannarc said:

There is absolutely nothing cool or even respectable about the Mariners. We should ship them to Oregon
    Ms have some very cool and respectable pieces on the squad, organizational dysfunction notwithstanding. There's a lot worse teams to be a fan of.

I hate anything and everything about being a Mariner fan for 37 years, don't twist.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Penace said:

Things went south when we won the toss and deferred. I was absolutely stunned that we didn't understand the need to jump on Michigan and put them in chase mode from the jump. I will for the rest of my life question that fucking decision.

This

Our only chance I thought was to jump out early and make them hopefully panic and throw
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 10
    Penace said:

Things went south when we won the toss and deferred. I was absolutely stunned that we didn't understand the need to jump on Michigan and put them in chase mode from the jump. I will for the rest of my life question that fucking decision.

While I agree we should have taken the ball, I can't gripe. Causation, correlation, seeking blame, I don't know shit, etc. At that moment in time I was still seething that ESPN censored our Say Who chant in the tunnel. Way to cockblock one of our coolest traditions with millions watching, dickbags. You create controversy out of thin air left and right, but you censor a team's tunnel chant, a thing that would possibly create MORE buzz and get viewers fired up? Fuck, I'm mad again.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Penace said:

While I agree we should have taken the ball, I can't gripe. Causation, correlation, seeking blame, I don't know shit, etc. At that moment in time I was still seething that ESPN censored our Say Who chant in the tunnel. Way to cockblock one of our coolest traditions with millions watching, dickbags. You create controversy out of thin air left and right, but you censor a team's tunnel chant, a thing that would possibly create MORE buzz and get viewers fired up? Fuck, I'm mad again.
    You and Kim are on the same page re: tunnel culture.
  • Options
    HuskyBuckHuskyBuck Member Posts: 799
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Penace said:

I just wanted to learn more about which hand McCarthy brushed his teeth with.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Penace said:

You and Kim are on the same page re: tunnel culture.
    If Kim agrees with me on this, he's right for once.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,539
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Penace said:

They ended up getting the ball to start the second half down by 7. Not ideal but pretty ideal given how bad things had been. Throw a pick on the first fucking play.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 10
    HuskyBuck said:

Penace said:

What they conveniently forgot to detail was that he uses an electronic toothbrush, like most everyone. It's not something to write home about when it's an electronic toothbrush. It's not unlike talking up JJ's heroic ability to open a refrigerator with his non-dominant hand.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HuskyBuck said:

HuskyBuck said:

Penace said:

What they conveniently forgot to detail was that he uses an electronic toothbrush, like most everyone. It's not something to write home about when it's an electronic toothbrush. It's not unlike talking up JJ's heroic ability to open a refrigerator with his non-dominant hand.
    lol, ridiculous. That and him placing his shoes in the end zone.

Man Herbie had a boner for McCarthy in that game. At one point he was saying something to the effect of “you don’t want to hand it back to McCarthy the way he’s playing” . It was the 3rd quarter and he had 85 yards passing. Puke.
    I’m kinda surprised that an OSU guy would so undeservedly suck off a Michigan QB like that. Embarrassing