Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We'll find out next season

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
If the O line was great or Penix covered a lot of sins. Michigan was the two time defending Joe Moore O line. And they took that personally

Huff and the O line earned the plaudits this year. I won't over react. Penix and the Line picked the wrong week to quit smoking. Last night was an unpleasant flashback to weak lines getting sand in their face

Better clean that up before facing those tuff B!G defenses

Last night UW was Ryan Day Fucking Soft

Where's Lou Holtz!!!

We'll also find out in October at Husky Stadium how DeBoer reacts to the lesson he was taught last night

Comments

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,596

If the O line was great or Penix covered a lot of sins. Michigan was the two time defending Joe Moore O line. And they took that personally

Huff and the O line earned the plaudits this year. I won't over react. Penix and the Line picked the wrong week to quit smoking. Last night was an unpleasant flashback to weak lines getting sand in their face

Where's Lou Holtz!!!

We'll also find out in October at Husky Stadium how DeBoer reacts to the lesson he was taught last night

Honest assessment—who does it look like is leaving (including nfl draft) from the UW starting OL?
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,265 Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Where's Lou Holtz!!!

Honest assessment—who does it look like is leaving (including nfl draft) from the UW starting OL?
    One or both of the tackles will declare, the rest are back.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,395 Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Rosy is back
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,288 Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

ntxduck said:

Where's Lou Holtz!!!

One or both of the tackles will declare, the rest are back.
    Prior to the game thought Fautanu was 100% gone and Rosengarten was like 30%. Have to think Rosengarten is back now. Bad game. Fautanu still gone. Assume Rosengarten goes to LT and the San Diego State guy starts at RT.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Canadawg said:

I think Rosy is back

He fucking better be. What a whimper of an end to his career that would otherwise be.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    The OL was pretty good, but I think their good play really was a team effort.

Its not an accident their best attribute was pass blocking, they had help from DJ, Westy, Culp on the edge plus a QB throwing to the best WR position group in the country...

They were relatively mediocre at the run blocking, especially interior runs, because the rest of the offense can't do their job for them.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,562 Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Its not an accident their best attribute was pass blocking, they had help from DJ, Westy, Culp on the edge plus a QB throwing to the best WR position group in the country...

They were relatively mediocre at the run blocking, especially interior runs, because the rest of the offense can't do their job for them.

The guards are the weak link
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited January 9

Houhusky said:

That and its not an accident that UW typically helps Rosey with Westy or DJ and they were both injured and Rosey looked pretty bad...

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,562 Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

That and its not an accident that UW typically helps Rosey with Westy or DJ and they were both injured and Rosey looked pretty bad...

One bad game against the best d-line in the country isn't the end of the world.

The guards were struggling against Washington State and their ilk at times.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    The OL is still good. This was just a repeat of the ASU game offensively. They confused the fuck out of Penix and the OL, and apparently the staff too. Guys were whiffing blocks against a 4 man rush the majority of the game because they weren't identifying who was coming and who wasn't.

Rosengarten played himself into another year of seasoning at left tackle. That's the good news.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,977 Founders Club

Where's Lou Holtz!!!

We'll also find out in October in Tuscaloosa how DeBoer reacts to the lesson he was taught last night

FTFY
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club

Where's Lou Holtz!!!

We'll also find out in October in Tuscaloosa how DeBoer reacts to the lesson he was taught last night

FTFY
    He took Huff with him so...