Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dealing in Hypotheticals re: SEC SoS

PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
Scenario: UW goes undefeated and wins the National Championship this year.

Do the SEC haters denounce this and say that we didn't earn it, because we didn't play anyone OOC?

I need answers guys.

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    short answer is no. everyone around the nation will accept Condoleeza Rice and Ty Willingham's football analysis.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I don't deal in hypotheticals
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club

I don't deal in hypotheticals

Yeah, but still...
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    UW is playing 10 BCS teams in the regular season this year.

No one in the SEC is playing 10 BCS teams in the regular season except Georgia. The thirteen other teams are playing only 8-9.

The shittiest OOC in the history of UW is still better than all but one SEC team.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,571 Founders Club
    edited August 2014
    PurpleJ said:

Scenario: UW goes undefeated and wins the National Championship this year.

Do the SEC haters denounce this and say that we didn't earn it, because we didn't play anyone OOC?

I need answers guys.

Woodward is following the SEC model. It has served them well, right or wrong (hint: it's the pussy way and wrong) because noone seems to pay attention. People paid attention when Kansas State and Nebraska did it, but the SEC gets special media protection.

A few years ago we played BYU, Nebraska, Notre Dumb, Ohio State and the like. The SEC was still playing in-state rival 50 miles away every other yr. (GA Tech, FSU, Clumpson) . Maybe. That was their big road test. Plus Sun Belt and D 1aa fodder. Tennessee is basically the only team that consistently leaves the south.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,571 Founders Club
    I won't denounce shit because UW won't have more than a 50/50 shot at sniffing the national championship (semi) f they're 13-1. If they were in the SEC with the exact same strength of schedule, they'd have a semi spot sewn up. It would literally take 3-4 undefeated teams to knock them out.
  • Dawgfan406Dawgfan406 Member Posts: 192
    I have no idea who Florida St played non-conf... will not matter.

No one in the SEC is playing 10 BCS teams in the regular season except Georgia. The thirteen other teams are playing only 8-9.

The shittiest OOC in the history of UW is still better than all but one SEC team.

fbschedules.com/2014/06/toughest-2014-sec-non-conference-football-schedules/

I'd put us in the bottom half.
  • UW is playing 10 BCS teams in the regular season this year.

I mostly agree but Florida plays FSU every year but their HC is Steve Kardasian good.
  • If we somehow go 12-1 beating 3 of the 4 (asu,ucla,Stanford,whoregon) and end up in the PAC title game I hope some how Seven upsets ucla for the South title (I understand will never happen) and we have SC in the title game or anyone and we win we will be a lock to be in the F4 since we are talking about hypotheticals. Cook it pj banana boat
    Fuck hypotheticals.

I was just using them to make a point about certain posters' hypocrisy when it comes to downplaying the success of the SEC.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Yeah, our OOC is shit. On OOC alone, we'd be 12th on that list. But the big difference is in our conference schedule which has us playing 9 of the 12 Pac-12 teams. SEC teams only play 8 of the 14 SEC teams. That extra conference game is what puts us over the top compared to these SEC teams. For example, if we only count 8 conference games to be equivalent to the SEC, then we could count ASU or Arizona as one of these games. And that'd put us at the top.

Also, when we scheduled Illinois, they were coming off a Rose Bowl or something under Zook. Not our fault they went tits up after that game.

PurpleJ said:

Yeah, our OOC is shit. On OOC alone, we'd be 12th on that list. But the big difference is in our conference schedule which has us playing 9 of the 12 Pac-12 teams. SEC teams only play 8 of the 14 SEC teams. That extra conference game is what puts us over the top compared to these SEC teams. For example, if we only count 8 conference games to be equivalent to the SEC, then we could count ASU or Arizona as one of these games. And that'd put us at the top.

Also, when we scheduled Illinois, they were coming off a Rose Bowl or something under Zook. Not our fault they went tits up after that game.
    W, JW. We play Cal and Colorado this year.
    edited August 2014
    PurpleJ said:

Kentucky, Arkansas and I laugh at that statement.

Also, Cal and Colorado did better against Oregon than Tennessee.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,599 Swaye's Wigwam
    When we scheduled Illinois and Hawaii they were decent, cunt

PurpleJ said:

Kentucky, Arkansas and I laugh at that statement.

Also, Cal and Colorado did better against Oregon than Tennessee.
    Which is exactly why it's FS to compare in-conference schedules. Every conference has weak teams.

When we scheduled Illinois and Hawaii they were decent, cunt

Yeah...Hawaii was "decent" when they almost lost to Ty in 2007 during their magical 12-1 season, before getting plungered by Georgia (SEC SEC SEC) in the Sugar Bowl. PGOSFS.